Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nanny State" "Not A Nanny State" "Nanny State" "Not a Nanny State"

This just irritates me a fair bit.

Basically this morning there were two articles published in the local paper. One was talking about how a certain brand of wine was offering a necklace with said wine to "lure in young women". The comments for THAT one labelled the "experts" as idiots and calling us a "nanny state" if they wanted to see thebottle banned. (no, I don't buy it, I cannot stand the taste of wine)

The other article was talking about setting up an auto-debit system to pay for your car rego since we got rid of the rego stickers, apparently people were failing to pay their rego on time. Nevermind the fact that you still got sent the rego notices a good four to six weeks in advance and there is more than one way and place to pay: you can pay at the post office, online or go down to the DMV and do it. (I go to the post office since there's one near home and the ladies there love me ) The comments for THAT one however, were complaining about how it was a revenue raiser and how the person who thought of the stickerless system should've been sacked and how they're suddenly getting caught out for not registering....basically, the OPPOSITE of the nanny state argument perpetuated earlier.

Make up your mind for crying out loud!

well of course, buying wine is a "choice", people don't want their choice disrupted that's just wrong, but being forced to do what you should is OK....I guess.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
    X