Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I am going to have to be somewhat SC ish..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I am going to have to be somewhat SC ish..

Ok I am going to post a less ranty version of this in CS, but right now I am >.< close to becoming an SC. Here is why.

As a surprise for my parents, and a gift to myself I decided to order us all Moccassins. They have been talking about getting some for a LONG time, and I found some relatively cheap. I ordered theirs from Walmart, mine from K-mart. Had absolutely no issues with the ones I ordered for myself.

As these were a surprise, I went off of their current shoe size rounded up. (She is a 7 1/2, he is a 9 1/2, I am a 10 1/2 and the 11's I got were perfect for me..so made sense to get a size 8, and a size 10). They were too small. No problem right? We can take them back to the closest Walmart..and even though they don't have the shoes in stock..we can just get store credit..no harm no foul...right? WRONG.

We take the shoes back..yes they tried them on (thus how they knew it was the wrong size) but alas...seems that we are 1) Supposed to be psychic and know they wouldn't fit (ie not try them on..they have to be 'unworn'). 2) Responsible because the invoice sent with my moms shoes has the wrong item on it for some reason.

Our first visit I was nice and polite about it, explained how I bought them online..explained that the shoes were wrong...just wanted to exchange them for something the correct size. Even said flat out we would take the correct shoes (and sizes) if they were in stock. Because the invoice didn't match..they wouldn't even look at my mom's shoes. They would only offer us 1/2 what we paid for my dads because they were 'worn'. They would not budge, so before I turned into an SC..I just left.

I guess my next visit..I will have to be an SC just to get them to make it right. Because we tried to ship it back to walmart.com (printed a return label, etc)..and they didn't even open the box. Just slapped another label on it and sent it back (I marked the tape..it was our tape..so they didn't even open the box).

I would suggest making a call to the number on the invoice.

Start off nice and explain all of the problems with the order. Note that the shoes have been tried on but not worn; this is the same as someone trying on a pair at the store. If necessary, spell it out like that.

Then go on to mention that the invoice sent with the shipment has bad information. Note that you need a corrected invoice in order to make a return. Don't budge on this. Have all of the item packaging with you (you can also make notes of the relevant info so you don't have to fiddle with the packaging while on the phone) so that you can tell them all about what they sent you and how it doesn't match what they claim to have sent you.

Explain that what you would really like would be a straight exchange for the product in the sizes required for the moccasins to fit as opposed to a refund. Let them know you just want product that fits, but will accept a refund if it's not possible to get an exchange.

Finally, if they won't do anything to "make you whole" as it were, then look into your options regarding the payment. Contact your payment provider and start working on having them help to make things right. Various payment types have different buyer protection systems available, many of which are far more interested in siding on behalf of the buyer (their customer) than the retailer, so use that to your advantage.

You can be firm without going SC. You're in the right, so use that knowledge to keep your calm and work through the system.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've never returned anything to (or bought anything from, come to think of it) walmart.com, but most I've dealt with won't take returns you just send them; you have to contact them through the site or at a phone number first and get an RMA number or they'll do exactly what they did.

(Which isn't to say the store wasn't being awful, or even, for that matter, that you didn't do exactly that and just didn't mention it.)

Edit: naturally, someone else put in a much more useful response while I was typing.
      Last edited by HYHYBT; 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yes, I got a shipping return label from walmart.com to send the products back (wasn't about to pay for the shipping myself).

Comment

go to a different walmart?

Comment

Try a different store or ask to speak with a manager. And I'll admit I'm surprised you were rejected because they were "worn". In my experience, Wal-Mart takes back almost anything and their policy is no-fuss returns. I consider them defective frankly, and yes they should be returned.

That said, you need a proper invoice to ensure the value you're credited. I'd start there. Oh, and perhaps send an email to corporate complaining about the store (because I'm petty like that).

Comment

Well we had to go 50 miles out of our way, but it got taken care of. It was even not a hassle, in the second walmart we tried. They still couldn't find it in the system (the one pair of shoes) but they did a work around. No muss, no fuss, just in got our money and got out (store credit which we used to get the right shoes). No more Walmart.com for me though. I'll shop in the store if I need something.

Comment

Yay! Sorry it was such a pain... and thanks for some useful information about walmart.com
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                X