Its not YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!

I am currently annoyed because the gfs roommate's computer broke few weeks ago and he is way to broke to pay to fix it. So the roommate was allowed access to the GFs comptuer for school work. Now the roommate just uses it whenever he damn well pleases, which pisses me off because it adds significant wear on an already old laptop. I actually broke down and fixed the computer over a week ago for the reason of if something major breaks on the laptop that new to the gf, it will basically be a total loss and require a new laptop.

To my knowledge roommates computer is still in the state of needed to be hooked back up in his room. Sorry I did a $150 diagnosis and OS recovery for free knowing there is no way in hell I'm going to receive even $30 that I said I would consider fixing it for when it first broke and you already drank a few of MY beers. I will not be your slave and hook it all back up too.

I guess I must just be unreasonable requesting he find his own copy off office because my suggestion of a free alternative was shot down. And although I do know where one might acquire pirated software I am happy to provide hypothetical locations where they can be received, I will not load take the legal liability of installing said pirated software when I know through his community college office can be purchased for relatively cheap AND now just got a several dollar raise at work. SO stop being a cheap bastard and use your own POS computer. Yeah I know it a single core Pentium 4 that is balls ass slow but its fixed with a fresh install of windows. If he wants a bigger harddrive than spare he had in there he can spent the $150-200 most places would charge around here to do so.

Maybe I'm just weird that way, but if I wanted to replace my hard drive I'd do it *before* getting someone to reinstall Windows.

(Of course, I'd also do it myself, because honestly, a seven year old could do that on most desktops.)
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

HYHTBT, it was charity work and I just did it to TRY and keep him off the gfs computer. Also I figured if he can't mange $30 to pay me for making it work, there is no way in hell he going to afford a reliable replacement hard drive.

I totally agree in installing with a new hard drive THEN putting on windows which I did then copied it over to the smaller drive. I figured no sense wasting one of my semi-spare hard drives on a dead beat.
      Last edited by insertNameHere; 10-11-2012, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Oh, I understand why you did what *you* did. It's the other guy who makes no sense.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Why didn't you lock the computer with a password that only you and GF had?

Comment

she can only remember one password.... and she gave it to him to get on it.... I had originally intended just to remove the password but she opened her mouth too soon

Comment

Do you have smartphones? If so pick another pw and then stick that on a notepad or something on your phone.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Eh, I told her just start taking it to work and he will get the hint if she doesn't want me to say anything and won't stand up for herself. It is exactly why she not allowed to have my passwords or really use my laptop. Only way I let her on my HTPC is if she changing the channel or I open a VM for her to use internet. Now Im back at my parents house till I secure employment that affords me the ability to get my own house.

Comment

Working...
                X