Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who won't own up.

We all make mistakes. We are human.
    But listen, when we tell you its going to be 45-50 mins for your delivery we mean that its going to be 45-50 minutes for your delivery. So you called 30 minutes after you placed your order and said you would cancel if it didn't arrive soon. Not surprising anyone, I show up with you order appx 10-15 minutes after you called.

I knock....20 seconds later I knock louder.... 15 seconds I knock even louder...45 seconds later I knock as loud as I dare because the house is clearly in poor repair and I don't want to break your door down.

So, I leave. I had to jump off the side of the porch because the stairs were a death trap. I nearly slipped on them because its rainy and dark and there is an empty socket where your porch light should be. I go on to my next delivery.

After I get back to the shop I inform manager of what happened. Being that the stairs were deadly, there was little light and its not the best side of town he cancels the order. I take two more orders, and when I get back to the shop he told me they had called asking about their order. They go ahead and place another order.. okay no problem. I take that order out, apologize explaining what happened when I was there before. Lady pays for the order and I hand it to her. I had her money in my hand and was counting out her change, as I look up to hand her change I see her closing the outside door (which must be pulled closed since it was broken) and see the inner door close behind it.

AWESOME I think to myself. She felt bad about wasting my time before and gave me a nice tip. So I secure the money, always do before I go to my car. Its policy and since it is windy out I didn't want to lose it. Chasing money around a yard is bad. Especially in that area. Open back door and put bag in car, get in front door start vehicle, make sure the way is clear and proceed to leave. At no point did anyone come out and say anything at all to me. I go on to my next delivery who happens to be a high school friend I've not seen in some time. Play a two minute game of catch up since its cold out and I know I have more deliveries. Get back to shop.

Well according to her, I distracted her and left with the change. Bwah!? Manager didn't believe her. I told him that at this point, I feel as though they are dicking around and that I would be happy to leave the change in an envelope and they could come get it because I was not going to drive out there again. To my knowledge they did not call back. I couldn't really call them because the first order was under one number and the second under another. The first placed by a female, the second by a male.

Now, it could be said that I should have knocked and asked about the change. But generally when someone closes a door and doesn't come back right away that means all is good in the world and as I stated I figured it was just a good tip for the second trip out there. But, instead of simply stating that she forgot she had change coming to her, she claims I distracted her to intentionally take it.

You screwed up, an honest mistake. But DO NOT ACCUSE ME OF STEALING. Just be honest. Admit you didn't mean to tip me so much or at all. $7.00 was the amount, a little more with coinage which I didn't even get to since it was in another pocket. I had the 7 in my hand, was about to give it to you only to look up and see you closing the door. What I am supposed to think?

AHHHH I see someone else lives in that weird world called food delivery and all of the related stupidity and typical SCness that lives in that particular corner of the universe.

Now, it could be said that I should have knocked and asked about the change. But generally when someone closes a door and doesn't come back right away that means all is good in the world and as I stated I figured it was just a good tip for the second trip out there. But, instead of simply stating that she forgot she had change coming to her, she claims I distracted her to intentionally take it.
    This right here is the bane of our exsistance

too many rants too little time
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Combined with the other troubles, it does sound deliberate. And the amount matters; if the total were something like $20.87 and she had 19 in change coming, that would be more reason to think at the door that it was a mistake. But 7 isn't an unreasonable tip, especially considering the trouble.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I was in a similiar situation a couple of years back.

I took an order to a serial stiffer house so I KNEW that I was going to give change back and had it ready. only this time a 8 or 9 year old girl came out of the back of the house. I told her the total (say $14.50) and she handed me a $20 bill. I gave her the pizza and started to give her the change, but she immediately turned away and walked back into the house.

COOOOL finally a decent tip (not just leftover change) from these cheap a-holes.

I proceed back to the store. when I get there the MOD informs me that she just got a phone call from the above customer. THEY CLAIMED I stole money from their child.

NO you dustbunny for brains I DID NOT. Your CHILD walked away with NO requst for change AND did nto give me a chance to give it to her.

This is one of the reasons I absolutely HATE delivering to children. the other reason is is because 9 times out of 10 the little shits will outright STEAL my tip right in front of my face and there is nothing I can do about it.
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Working...
        X