No announcement yet.

People Who Post on a Thread About Something they Dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to blink there for a moment, from the title alone I thought you were ranting about Fratching itself!! Very meta... and I was going to say it's a good way to unbottle.

But if it's an irrelevant post on a non-Fratching thread, I hear ya. It's why when I like much-liked stuff on FB I don't bother to read any comments because invariably there will be many bitchy ones. Also I am known to be liberal with the Delete Post button when someone tries that on posts I make myself!

Comment

I don't care if someone posts what they think about the topic at hand. Saying you wish Star Wars would go away in a discussion about Star Wars is a valid opinion considering how much that horse has been flogged over the years. Its when you drag a different topic into it and complain about THAT topic because they're very vaguely related.

Star Wars Discussion + Negative Opinion Of Star Wars = Okay.
      Star Wars Discussion + Complaint That George Lucas's nephew supports gay marriage = Not Okay.

Comment

If you come into a Star Wars thread such as, say, "which is your favorite Leia costume" and post, "Star Wars sucks and I wish it would go away" and nothing else, then you're a sad little troll begging for attention.

Posting in any honest discussion thread without actually adding anything to the discussion other than to declare the topic to "suck" is boorish at best.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          If you come into a Star Wars thread such as, say, "which is your favorite Leia costume" and post, "Star Wars sucks and I wish it would go away" and nothing else, then you're a sad little troll begging for attention.
          True, but that's not what happened in the example given. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
            Hah - just dealt with this on FB.

Someone posted a link about a bridge owner with a monopoly for road traffic between the US and Canadaland fighting a second bridge that would kill his profits. Immediately we're all commies, fags, and satanists from someone who has been down this road many times before.

What larks!

Rapscallion
            Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
            He doesn't have a monopoly per se, as people can take the Bridge in Port Huron or Sault Ste. Marie but he does have the monopoly through Detroit (which would be the more convenient point for crossing). A new bridge has been needed for a long time but because of the way he handles the current Bridge, the State (and Canada) doesn't want him to have anything to do with the new Bridge. Canada has said they will pay the up front costs for the Bridge and we give them x percentage of the tolls until that is paid off. Finally our Governor decided this needed to be done and figured out a way to do it without our legislature (which has been bought by him). Now he's trying to get it blocked through a Ballot Proposal. And I don't think I've ever seen so many outright lies in a campaign in my life.

As a side note, the guy in question also owns the train station that's like the goto building to show the decay in Detroit.
            The bridge owner has been found in contempt of court for refusing an order to finish building the ramps allowing trucks to go directly between the bridge and the interstates without going on city streets (something about the ramps taking up space NEEDED for the duty-free shop). From what I've read in the trade press, the ramps have finally opened (fear of jail put into him). One big problem with the bridge is at the Canadian end - the route from the 401 to the bridge travels along Windsor streets. That was fine when the bridge opened, and was a low-traffic route, but not when it handles roughly 1/4 of U.S.-Canada truck traffic. It's been said in the trade press that from when you get onto the 401 in Toronto until you get off I75 in Georgia, you go through 13 traffic lights - with 12 of them being in Windsor.

I would not be disappointed if the mayor of Windsor came out with the stand "I don't care whether the new bridge is the twinning of the Ambassador or the opening of the DRIC, but whichever it is, the day it opens, the "no trucks allowed except local delivery" signs go up on Huron Church Road".

Note that for twinning the Ambassador, not only would the approach routes be unchanged (due to historical issues about the locations of both the bridge and the city of Windsor, traffic would still use HCR), but ramps intended to be used for the "twin" were installed by the bridge owner WITHOUT getting permits from governments on either end.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              True, but that's not what happened in the example given. -.-
              No, he just said he wishes Star Wars would go away, which added exactly what to the discussion?

Comment

It would have been better to start a new thread rather than post that in the original one.
                "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I forgot about this thread when I did the Kpop one.

Re the starwars should go away slant, the buying of LFL by Disney is a valid thread to air your wish for it to curl up and die a less than dignified death than if it had just stayed the original trilogy + book and Dark horse expanded universe, as well what have LFL got out side of Indy and starwars?

Whole lot of nothing springs to mind, THX was pre LFL as was American Graphiti and neither are franchises to exploit even if they were, so any future movies will either uncannon existing books (truce at Bakula (SP) was days after the end of Jedi so a right after jedi story would void that one) or be adaptations of existing books, which TBH would be a waste of screen time as they will have to drop so much from the Timothy Zhan books, iir alot was dropped from the book to comic (Thrawn had a page internal monologue about how Vaders constant executions and subsequent promotions up the rank meant alot of his crew were too young for the posts held, yet in the adaptation he just looked at one crew member and thought "Too young." out of context he could have been looking for an ass to tap.

But yes wishing starwars to dissapear in a thread about what outfit is hottest is out of place, as is bitching about Jar Jar.

A while back the Yogscast's members Duncan and Sjin were doing Tekkit (a Minecraft mod pack) videos, Duncan mainly Sjin iir just had a few on the server building up to a war that resulted in the server ruined with a giant crater, even now there are new posts within the last month saying Sjin should have been banned for that, granted on a normal server they probably both would have been.

But, Tekket was updated and fixed or broke parts of the mod, some mods were removed altogether due to internal disputes or not working with the current build of minecraft, so their server would either be the old one forever, or started from scratch, going the from scratch route they decided to have some fun on the last day, kind of like if your workplace was closing down due to relocation and they let the staff in on the day after closing just to trash the place before the wrecking ball came in to demolish the store.

People don't want to know the truth that it was all a show and much better than just saying "well we upgraded our server to 1.whatever and had to start from scratch, so here we are, the new server has 5 POV's the main Yogscast Channel getting hit less and less with "moar shadow of Israphel elebenty" / "Fuck tekket we want SoI" etc and now if they dare release a video that is not minecraft based its "TEKKIT TEKKIT TEKKIT" but the youtube yognoughts are a special breed.

The only one really keeping the feude between Duncan and Sjin alive is Rythian, but he's doing his LP in a roll playing vein seeking to rebuild his dominion and seek revenge, if he was genuinly pissed with them for the server why would he still be gaming with him on Trine?

Hmm perhaps I should have just made a thread on internet drama for this post

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                    ...so any future movies will either uncannon existing books (truce at Bakula (SP) was days after the end of Jedi so a right after jedi story would void that one) or be adaptations of existing books, which TBH would be a waste of screen time as they will have to drop so much from the Timothy Zhan books, iir alot was dropped from the book to comic (Thrawn had a page internal monologue about how Vaders constant executions and subsequent promotions up the rank meant alot of his crew were too young for the posts held, yet in the adaptation he just looked at one crew member and thought "Too young." out of context he could have been looking for an ass to tap.
                    While Lucas was in control, there were five (yes, FIVE) levels of "canon."

Things in the movies, and ONLY things in the most recent revisions of the movies, are considered the top tier ("G-canon"). Yes, that means that officially, Han Solo is a fool who survived more through luck than skill; he let Greedo get the drop on him, and only survived because Greedo was a terrible shot. Lucas considers EVERYTHING below this level to be useless garbage - he will not give it any consideration when writing new movies, which is why the Anakin Trilogy directly contradicts many details in the novels that were released between the release of Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace. More than that, though, he has contempt for other people's dabbling in his universe - he went out of his way to add popular Jedi from the novels into the recent movies, so that he could explicitly kill them off during Revenge of the Sith.

As far as Lucas is concerned, anything that is not G-Canon didn't happen, and won't happen. Yes, that means that as far as Lucas is concerned, everything from The Truce at Bakura on is irrelevant. If he planned on making another trilogy set after Return of the Jedi, he will happily ignore - or even directly and deliberately contradict - the events of all of those books.

With Lucas releasing the reins and Disney taking over, there's a chance of unifying everything into a single canon timeline. I'm not holding my breath, though. At best, I think we can hope for dropping it to 2 or 3 levels of canon authenticity, thanks to Lucas' spiteful wrecking of certain characters and events from the Expanded Universe.

Comment

So I just had another hit of this just today. I have a few LGBT (I always get the order of that wrong) pages liked on facebook so I can keep up with information on how those movements are going. Today there was a post about how, thanks to the recent passing of marriage equality after November 7th, 1 in 5 gay couples live in a state that allows gay marriage.

I peeked at some of the comments and I get a gem, raging about how "They don't want equal treatment, they want SPECIAL TREATMENT. I can't marry anyone I want, WHEN WILL IT END!?"

This just keeps reinforcing the idea that if I ever start a fan page on Facebook I will watch it like a hawk for these kinds of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                        No, he just said he wishes Star Wars would go away, which added exactly what to the discussion?
                        Considering the sheer amount of milking the franchise has endured and it being sold to a company known for milking the living shit out of franchises....yeah, wishing it would just stop is a perfectly valid opinion.

Comment

It's a great opinion.

But we all know those are like assholes... >_>

Without giving any type of reason behind it, though, makes it little more than crapping in the thread.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                            Today there was a post about how, thanks to the recent passing of marriage equality after November 7th, 1 in 5 gay couples live in a state that allows gay marriage.

I peeked at some of the comments and I get a gem, raging about how "They don't want equal treatment, they want SPECIAL TREATMENT. I can't marry anyone I want, WHEN WILL IT END!?"
                            Sure the troll can't marry anyone he wants, but the reason he can't marry $hot_celebrity is that she doesn't know he exists, and if she did, she wouldn't want him - there's no law prohibiting their marriage. For the other 4 in 5 gay couples, there's a law prohibiting them from marrying the person they've been living with for YEARS, in a relationship where they both want to get married.

Comment

Working...
                            X