No announcement yet.

Hold music hope spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the worst hold musics I heard was for the JobCentre - an awful, bad-quality, scratchy and wobbly recording of Primavera.

STOP BUTCHERING CLASSICAL MUCIC!

Comment

Usually it takes me a second to realize I'm talking to an actual person because they've teased me with the hope spot so many times that it just doesn't register that this is the real deal. At least when I call Disney they play Disney music on hold. I love Disney music.

I like to think that whoever thought this is a good idea, if they go to Hell then they will spend all of eternity on the Afterlife Help Line to try and switch over to Heaven, and every thirty seconds an automated message says, "Your soul is important to us. Please hold for the next available angel." And instead of hold music, it plays the sound balloons make when you rub them.
      "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
      We are contented, because he says we are
      He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by MrsEclipse View Post
        I like to think that whoever thought this is a good idea, if they go to Hell then they will spend all of eternity on the Afterlife Help Line to try and switch over to Heaven, and every thirty seconds an automated message says, "Your soul is important to us. Please hold for the next available angel." And instead of hold music, it plays the sound balloons make when you rub them.
        Nah, the sound has to be the sound of shrinkwrap and other types of plastic wrap unwrapping from the room next door with everyone who invented or promoted that horrible product having to spend the rest of eternity dealing with it with a dull knife. It's much more economical that way.

Comment

Seems to me that offering a choice of hold music sends the wrong message. If it's part of your general account preferences, it says "you're going to have to call us *a lot.*" And if it's a menu option after you call, it says "you're going to be listening to this a long time. Choose wisely."
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
            God help me, I'd blocked that out and forgotten about its exsistence.

Damn you.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              Until a few years ago, Coca-Cola (at least at the number McDonald's had for drink dispenser trouble) only had one song in theirs: "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing."
              Mazda once had the "Zoom zoom" song on their hold music awhile back.

Comment

This thread reminded of this great commercial from a year or so ago.

Comment

Working...
                X