People's Fake Efforts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    Well look at it this way, text messages are meant to wait until someone isn't too busy, from my point of view.
    Why I love email (and message boards like this one). That and the opportunity to think over how to say something as long as it takes.

The trouble with text messages is that some people see them as you do and others seem to think having a phone means a duty to answer every text the instant it comes in. And will keep sending "why are you ignoring me" messages until either you do answer or they've decided you hate them or something.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Meh, I think texting is pretty leisurely. The only time I get upset is if I've sent a text (like asking a question about plans for later or something more than just plain old chit chat) and I get those notifications that they're playing all over Facebook posting pics and commenting and whatnot and it's like um....ok, I guess my question can wait till you're done globbing e-cards all over your and all your other friends' Walls today....stuff like that, is pretty much where I came up with this rant.

But heaven forbid, if I decide fuck them and I'm just going to back off a little, they wonder why I'm not texting them as much or why I'm not sending them those e-cards or whatever as much. Gee, I fucking wonder? Yeah, the other end to my rant, where the "fake effort" comes in. Gotta reel ya back in, right?
      Last edited by blas87; 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Well, again, that depends... being on Facebook doesn't always mean knowing you've been sent a text, and I've found that sometimes it's the important stuff I don't answer right away. Something that doesn't matter is easy to go through, but something bigger (whether that's a response that will take a lot of time and effort to compose or a phone message from someone I'm nervous about talking to for whatever reason, even if I love them dearly and enjoy our time together) I'll set aside for a better time or frame of mind... and then sometimes forget about entirely.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
        X