Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of "morally superior" people.

or at least people who think they are.

I see this a lot on sites like yahoo answers in which people ask questions, usually for help, but instead get lectured by "responsible" people who act like they never make mistakes. I got that on another board when I mentioned a ticket I got for speeding or something. This sanctimonius bitch went on about how I could have killed someone and how she always follows the law.

Seriously? Was that really necessary? And that's not the first time I or some other poor shmuck got lectured for some silly mistake that anyone could have made.

I think some people just like an excuse to kick others when they're down. So they do it in a way that makes them look like the good guys (because they're goodie do gooders who never screw up). But IMO, they are just being assholes.

My wife's Ex-Sister-In-Law is like that. She has always done drugs and different things, but when it comes to anyone else, especially my wife, she will try to talk down too and how perfect she is. but she is born again for about the 1000th time.

Comment

Originally posted by powerboy View Post
      My wife's Ex-Sister-In-Law is like that. She has always done drugs and different things, but when it comes to anyone else, especially my wife, she will try to talk down too and how perfect she is. but she is born again for about the 1000th time.
      Oh one of those.

It doesn't surprise me that the people who claim moral superiority are raging hypocrites.

Comment

On a more general note... why don't people *read* the question and *answer* the question that was asked, rather than answering a different question, in some cases one which the person asking clearly already knows about?

What I mean is this: a while back, I posted a question of the form "why was the law about x changed from y to z?" The "answers" I got at first were elaborations on "the current law is z." Thanks; OBVIOUSLY I knew that already or I wouldn't be asking why, now, would I? Added a note spelling out that I knew z already and to please explain WHY THE CHANGE WAS MADE. Got more details and links about what z says instead. Eventually, someone did give an answer, and actually a very reasonable one at that.

(And I'm not filling in xyz right now because I learned about the subject through Fratching! and don't wish to derail this thread into a rehash of that one.)
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          It doesn't surprise me that the people who claim moral superiority are raging hypocrites.
          I have an uncle like that. Yep, Uncle Dick...who got his name because of his "sparkling" personality I have no problem with those who are 'born again.' But, he goes well beyond that. I mean, who the fuck died and made *him* boss?

He actually got upset with me because I don't go to church. Why would I? Even though I was raised Catholic, I don't consider myself religious at all. To me, Sunday is when I sleep in, and get caught up on all the crap I couldn't get done during the week. I mean, I work 5 days a week, and would head down to the farm to help my grandmother out. By Sunday morning, I was tired. Last time Dick was here, he started busting my balls about church and how I "needed to go." Grandma heard him, and flipped. Even though she was very religious, she never forced it on me.

Anyway, one of Dick's hot button issues, was sex. He flipped out on me when my cousins and I were watching Top Gun...and the bar scene came up. There's one line in that scene which refers to getting laid. He went off on a rant about how it "wasn't appropriate for children." Er, did I mention that my cousins were 20 and 18 years old at the time...and that they picked the flick?

That was Friday night. Saturday I had some projects to finish, and I'd be heading out to dinner with the then-girlfriend. No big deal, right? Sorry, but nope. Apparently, he said something to Grandma about how I was going to hell because he assumed that I'd be getting laid that night and that he was going to pray for me Seriously? For one, as long as it's between consenting parties, who cares? Second, it's none of your fucking business! Besides, you wouldn't buy a car without a test-drive, would you?

That's when things got interesting. Did I mention that one of his kids had a child out of wedlock, one was living with a guy and wasn't married...and the son had not only had problems with the law, but had roughed up and walked out on his wife? Real "honorable" people you raised, Dick...

Pisses me off that his kids--except for the youngest, she turned out OK--are pretty fucked up...and he doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Yet, he feels free to pick on and criticize everyone else because we don't fit into his little mold of the ideal "moral" person

Comment

Working...
          X