Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a Packers fan in the South

ARGH

So, if you didn't know, the Green Bay Packers are playing the Chicago Bears today. It's one of the longest-running rivalries in football and will probably determine the NFC North champion. Clay Matthews is back. Packers killed it last week; despite all the injuries, they've pulled from practice teams and reserves until they have an awesome, dynamic, versatile team.

But, where I live in the South, the closest FOX affiliate is in Memphis. And Memphis is like, "Oh, you guys probably don't care about the Midwest, so here's the Falcons/Giants game instead. I mean, you like Eli Manning, right?" No! Fuck Eli Manning (seriously, screw the Giants in general) and fuck the Falcons. Chicago is closer to Memphis than Atlanta.

*fuuuuummmmmeeeeeee*

I'm surprised it's not Indy/Houston that you are getting. That'd seem like the closest game to Nashville.

Since I live in the Tri-State Area, I'm going to be stuck with the Giants/Falcons game.

Just checked tvguide and it looks like the Broncos/Ravens game will be on CBS. Fox has the Giants/Falcons as per usual. So as such, my plans are to go bowling now, then watch bowling at 1pm.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I'd understand more if it were a Cowboys game, because most people in this area are big Cowboys fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I'm surprised it's not Indy/Houston that you are getting. That'd seem like the closest game to Nashville.
        Indy/Houston is AFC, which is CBS's territory.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
          Indy/Houston is AFC, which is CBS's territory.
          Oh yea, true story.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I hope the Falcons win, but mainly because of the Papa John's promotion.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I hope the Falcons win because Giants fans in my area think their shit don't stink.

Comment

If the Giants could not be in the playoffs, that would be great. Because if they are, they will play Green Bay and they will spank us.

I almost feel sorry for Mason Crosby right now. There are a lot of people in Wisconsin very, very angry with him. Damn son, you have ONE JOB.

The Falcons/Giants game wrapped up soon enough that we got to watch the last part of the game on TV. Got to relish those sweet, sweet Jake Cutler tears.

Comment

Well, the Packers did win, and clinched the Division. Now, I want the Vikings to get the wild card, and get some revenge for the loss 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I'm in Massachusetts.

Nobody carries my Cardinals games.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                      Nobody carries my Cardinals games.
                      .....Arizona or St. Louis?

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                        .....Arizona or St. Louis?
                        Arizona. I assumed we meant football.

I don't follow Baseball.

Comment

Just wanted to double-check.

Comment

Hockey:

Try being in Florida and only getting Lightning games and your team is on the otherside of the state. Granted they suck a bit.

And then theres the whole its on strike.

Comment

Man, clearly all these sports teams should pick up and move to where we are.

Maybe I can be QB for the Cards. I've seen footballs before, that's got to put me ahead of Lindley.

Comment

Working...
                              X