Merry Fucking Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Fucking Christmas.

Now this is not going to be a rant about how people are trying to wage war on Christmas, this is about a specific complaint.

In light of the recent tragedy I wanted to host on my blog a little section to allow people to post fond memories of Christmases gone past. I was not trying to make people forget or diminish the tragedy but to try to dredge up some fond and funny memories to try to get people to remember that in spite the bad that had just happened, that there is still good in the holiday.

I even opened up my blog post with that.

In light of the recent tragedies getting a lot of people shaken up, I'm thinking that it's time we try to lighten up. I'm not saying to just forget this or to diminish it, but let's not let the actions of a few people cause us to forget what's good about the season.
    I thought I was doing good. I thought I was trying to spread joy as we're traditionally supposed to be doing.

This was a post that someone made in my comments section.

How could you be so tasteless as to post something like when kids are dying? This is not a time to be celebrating! You should be think of all the poor people who are suffering instead of trying to play June Cleaver and pretend that awful stuff like this doesn't happen.

You heartless asshole!
    I'm not going to ask if what I did was right or wrong. I did what I thought to be a good thing. And someone took advantage of the fact that I allow anonymous posting so everyone could pen a quick anecdote without having to jump through half a bazillion hoops to do so.

As Marlin said in "Finding Nemo" when he realized that the glowing light was from an angler fish...

"Good feeling's gone."

Congratulations you anonymous "shit-n-run" posting troll, ya managed to kill off my Christmas Spirit. Send the spirits Marley and I'm gonna knee them right in the happy sacks.
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Fuck him. He's a troll. He's barely worth the time it takes to delete his comment, which is all he's worth.

Your idea is a good one and you should keep going with it. While the CT school killing was a tragedy for a few hundred people, a few million are only really affected because of the news coverage and will go on with their lives almost unchanged.

It's not selfish or tasteless to acknowledge the rest of the world.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If killing and death were reasons enough not to celebrate Christmas (or any other holiday), then we wouldn't be celebrating any holidays at all. There is always some sort of death and destruction around the world at any given moment.

And as for your troll...screw him. If he can't post his comments with something attached to him, his negative comments aren't worth the electrons that are used to move them.

Comment

I think you did a very good thing. I'm sick to death of seeing all of the broadcasts, talks, arguments (particularly the arguments) about what happened. Yes, it's sad, but I can't be inundated with such horrible news and still be able to properly function.

I would've been thankful to see a place I often visit trying to help everyone's mood and remember the good things that happen everyday.

So don't let that asshole win.

Comment

What is it with sanctimonious idiots telling people how to feel? Trying to lift spirits is the rational thing to do during tradegy. There is no sense in making yourself depressed over things you have no control over. It's like they're saying "other people are miserable, join them!".

Stupid guilt trips.

Comment

Fuck that anon. He's an asshole. What you're doing is a damn good thing.

Comment

Terrible things happen all the time.

So do good things.

We shouldn't pretend that GOOD things don't happen to be "Respectful" of the bad ones.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Any chance of blocking and deleting?

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
                  Any chance of blocking and deleting?
                  Part of what I wanted to do was to create a place where anyone could post something without having to jump through a bazillion hoops, create yet another account with yet another password...

Which if you do that, many people say "Meh...not worth the time" and won't post. So I opened it to anonymous.

And yes I could delete the post...but so many people leaped to my defense (or at least went on the offensive and tore into this person) that if I did, people would wonder what the hell they were talking about.

And since I am not blocking anon...this cumstain on the bedspread of humanity could just post again and again.
                  “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                  X