"lets agree to disagree"... after they make another rebutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "lets agree to disagree"... after they make another rebutal

In light of trends of FB I'm really getting sick of heated arguments that go like this

Person 1 makes a FB post of an image stating one thing.
    Person 2 posts a quarter page tearing into them but uses a shit-ton of inaccurate facts and non-sense.

{Most of these person 2 people are self proclaimed (SUBJECT) experts having participated in (Activity based on subject) one time in their life. Or will cite being the child or significant other of someone who is extremely knowledgeable with (SUBJECT), but fails to link how someone else’s hobby that they don't participate in frequently makes them an expert as well. }

Person 1 points out mistakes and misconceptions to them and wants and have a discussion with opposing viewpoint. Along with asking them a few questions on experience with subject to gauge actual knowledge.

Person 2 responds by spouting even more inaccuracies and non-sense but end the post stated lets agree to disagree and if you respond to their half of a typed page response that took them over an hour to make up.... YOU get told "See above this is done I’m not even reading your response"

Why instead of person 2 responding after person 1 makes a reply to the arguement with a long response that is clearly meant to attack or annoy does person 2 frequently go "THIS IS OVER!" ......
    How about instead person 2 goes. "Lets agree to disagree" and leaves it at that no extra points thrown in or maybe actually try a discussion and then give up on each other.

Honestly, I don't mind that they do that. Anyone whose opinion is worth caring about will see it for the childish "last word" bullshit that it is. Also, I make a point of not just posting corrections for the person who posted up the bullshit originally, but also to educate others who might end up reading their crap and thinking it's true.

As I said, the whole "here's more inaccurate bullshit I pulled out of my ass to prove why I'm right and you're a nincompoop, and don't bother trying to correct me because I stomped off in a snit the moment I was done typing, so nyah!" is just the childish antics of someone who knows that they're wrong but doesn't have what it takes to admit it.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thank you Andara I was starting to think I must be the one with the problem because it been happening more often.

Although it does make me feel better when I see that same person watching my facebook for opportunities to troll me down the road because they have obviously nothing better to do with their time.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
        Thank you Andara I was starting to think I must be the one with the problem because it been happening more often.
        nope, it's prevalent enough that I found two well written articles about how it's a dodge.

first one.

Second one, mentioned in the first:
        No you are not entitled to your opinion
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
        X