No announcement yet.

Myself: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly, that was us commiserating on FB messager together.

Sorry Kat, I deleted my FB temporarily. My woes have gotten to the point where I had to not have it available so I didn't have to see how happy everyone else around me was. I don't want to hear of another baby or engagement or see another "Look at my hot bf/gf!" pic when....guess what? I don't have that. I don't get that.

Sounds stupid, I know. But I need time to get my crap together. For now, I feel like all I have is a closet of cute clothes and a nice car. And that's it. I have a shit job, I live with my crazy parents.....never went to college. Everyone else my age has been to college or is/has been married or has had a kid. Not that I want that or need that right now. It's just jealousy that I don't get that kind of love or security from another person. I get my tits gawked at and everyone goo goos and gah gahs at me because they think I'm an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      If you refuse to trust that there are people out there who mean it when they say they care, then I don't see how it becomes anything other than a self-fulfilling prophecy.
      Well, does claiming to care, and then never initiating contact or bothering to return it, really sound like they care? Actions speak volumes, and I've had my FB account for around 5 years, and Blas is actually the first person to ever initiate contact. out of close to 200 "friends".
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        Everyone else my age has been to college or is/has been married or has had a kid. Not that I want that or need that right now. It's just jealousy that I don't get that kind of love or security from another person.
        I do want those and don't seem them coming up in my future very soon. I wish...I wish I could be happy that way but I know it's a long shot.

BK...I don't know what to say. I care but your right I was to selfish looking into my own life and I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
          Well, does claiming to care, and then never initiating contact or bothering to return it, really sound like they care? Actions speak volumes, and I've had my FB account for around 5 years, and Blas is actually the first person to ever initiate contact. out of close to 200 "friends".
          First, those people who never respond to contact are jerks.

Provided, that is, that they were aware that there was something to respond to.

Facebook is a great place to catch up with people, but it's also incredibly spammy. So much so that I've actually turned my Facebook messenger off because it's just that bad.

That said, however, if I know there's a message for me there, I will respond. Always. Same with email. Same with PMs here or on any other forum. Same with Skype.

As for initiation; I won't initiate contact (beyond a basic friend request) unless I know the person moderately well. It's not that I'm stand-offish, but the exact opposite. So, in order to avoid offending people, I let them make the first move and then gauge my response level by that.

You don't have to take my word for any of this, however, as there are several people on Fratching who I chat with regularly who can confirm that I do respond, and that I do care.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think what Katt means is it'd be more comforting to speak to someone who she knew could be there, closer than several states or countries away. As great as it is to be reached out to, sometimes it still doesn't compare to having a person right in front of you. Although, I believe with all my heart that we are a family on here and CS and nearly everyone is an open door kind of person if you need to talk.

Comment

No, distance contact will never be as good as face-to-face contact. That is a given.

My response is only to the idea that because others have let her down that it's not worth even reaching out, which is just not true.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X