No announcement yet.

My father drives me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an agreement with my kids I will only give my opinion if asked or if it comes up in a conversation and I ask the same of them. I have one SIL that thinks he's the be-all end-all of intelligence and the sun rises and sets on Obama. I don't like Obama but I also don't dislike him I disagree with him about several things, my SIL on the other hand is an idiot, I've had to tell him on several occasions to shut-up that politics is a no-no subject as it will only lead to him getting thrown out and since I like spending time with my grand-daughter I don't want to run him off. I've told him we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, he's not content to do that but likes to lord this past election results over me. I'm biting my tongue for the time being but that's getting old, I think I'm going to have to tell on him.

BTW at 8 months to the day my precious and beautiful grand-baby is up and walking.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I have the same thing with my sister in law, except that it's religion. With few exceptions the church leadership can do no wrong, and neither can other members. This last election was interesting, because every disagreement I had with Romney was clearly because of his religion, and as a Mormon, Romney could do no wrong... I finally had to remind her that according to her own faith there was only one man to ever have lived who was perfect, and unless she is implying that He has come back as Mitt Romney, he can and is going to have mistaken policies.
      I also have an uncle who is a Fox skeptic... except for when it comes to immigration... those immigrants are going to destroy the country (dude, you're second generation, you don't have much room to talk).
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Forgot to mention that I've learned not to talk politics with my grandmother. She spends her entire day watching Fox News, and therefore knows more than the rest of us

Comment

Working...
        X