Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly it is.

Comment

To be honest, it makes me wonder if they actually tried to call you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        It's not fair, at all, and it makes you wonder if they even think about anyone but themselves.
        Doesn't make me wonder at all... far as I'm concerned it is pretty obvious that they don't think about anyone but themselves.

Personally though, showing favoritism to the pastor's family doesn't surprise me... as long as the pastor is pandoring to his congregation. I had a pastor who was defrocked for having the audacity to call out the church on having conflicting policies on homosexuals (specifically, how can the church teach that all are welcome in the congregation and teach that homosexuality is inherintly incompatible with the church's teachings), so the pastor has to play the game just like everyone else... well, except for those who are smart enough to cut out the middleman and stop going to church at all.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Doesn't sound contradictory at all. Everyone can be welcome to church meetings. Want to join that particular church? Well, members are going to have make a choice: find a different church, or make new choices in their life.

In Matthew 19, starting with verse 16 through 24, we read of a similar person. He was a good person, lived many of the teachings of Christ, but when it came time for him to make a difficult choice, the rich man decides to not follow Christ. That doesn't mean he's never welcome at church meetings ever again.

Comment

But it wasn't just welcome at church meetings, the church explicitly allowed for homosexuals to be members of the church. That is the contradiction, how can you allow full membership to someone that church teachings still say is incompatible with the church's teachings? She was arguing that the church should clarify its position, she was hoping for them to reconsider their position on homosexuality... I have to wonder how it would have turned out for her if she was hoping for them reconsidering their membership policy.
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
            X