No announcement yet.

Stop interjecting yourself in my diet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You beat me to the punch on this thread, it's unsolicited comments in general I was going to write a thread about but focusing on diets. First it's the people who talk bullshit about diet pop when they have no training or research whatsoever (all of whom smoke) then it's the people that can't keep their mouths shut when you have a cold, I was buying a bottle of OJ and my coworker was like "you know that won't help your throat right?" I just wanted something cold that wasn't pop, and the cold numbed my throat a little. I didn't ask your fucking opinion just shut up and cash me out. Or all the different remedies people kept telling my to have, I don't like tea, I don't want it with honey or anything else just leave me alone to be miserable.

And now that I'm on a diet for my diabetes I found out about recently I am having to tell a lot of people to mind their own business, parents included.

I've dealt with people like in the OP and he's being a bully tell him where to shove it.

Comment

One of the problems is that there are so many different diet methods but they all boil down to the same thing - take fewer calories than you expend. And for the most part, you didn't put the weight on overnight and you sure as hell aren't going to take if off overnight. As for people being judgemental about what you eat...screw them. If you're eating responsibly for the most part...an occsional splurge wont kill you.

Comment

^^

Unsolicited comments has always driven me nuts. Even though I learned to take what they say with a grain of salt, I still get annoyed by bossy people. ESPECIALLY when they say "I was only trying to help". Did I ask you for your help? No? Well then fuck off.

Comment

All I can say is that I'm glad to never have met anyone that would try to smack food out of my mouth, in some deranged attempt to 'help my diet stay healthy'

Blood would would be spilled...

(Actually, I'd yell at them the first time if they haven't given me problems before. Otherwise, I'd slap them right back.)

Comment

I've got one coworker, who is overweight(surprise), harping on me about how I "really don't need to go to the gym", and I'm "skinny already, so why bother?"

Um how about skinny=/=healthy, I want to be physically healthy, I don't give a damn about my appearance, I want to be able to run a 5k without dying, thank you. I actually LIKE working out, it feels great(once you get past the OMG everything hurts, stage), my personal trainer is great. And no I don't "really want a doughnut, instead of my orange", if I wanted a doughnut, I'd have one, I had one two days ago, it was good, right now I want my orange, do not tell me what I want, I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on that.

My body, my money, my choice.
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I hate getting dieting advice from other people. The fact is, everyone's body is different. What works for one person won't work for another. My eating habits are as such: I eat a light breakfast and lunch, and then a large dinner. That's just how my body chemistry works out - I'm not very hungry during the day, then I'm extremely hungry at night. As long as I get some form of exercise after dinner, I don't gain any weight.

However, everyone harps on about how eating a lot at night is SO HORRIBLE for you and blah blah blah. Listen people, I've lost 30 lbs doing what I do. I'm not going to stop now and take the advice of someone who has a completely different body type than my own. I'll stick with what works, thanks.

I guess I could also say I'm lucky in that, after staying away from fast food for so long, I literally can't stomach it anymore. I eat anything that's been deep-fried and is filled with fat, I'm going to hurl. Literally.
              Last edited by Seifer; 03-03-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X