Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of scholarships for part time student.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of scholarships for part time student.

While I know many people are successful at working full time and going to school full time, I know that I myself, would not be able to handle that. Since I currently don't qualify for financial aid (although that may change next semester) I'm working part time to put myself through school part time.

Both the school, and the employer due over scholarships; but in the fine print of both of them it specifically states full-time students.

When searching online, I have found a few that don't qualify full-time student, unfortunately most of them I don't qualify for due to a legitimate reason.

The ones I do find that I can apply for or usually the ones that have no criteria, and is awarded to a random entry.

Vent over.

"Full Time Student" usually means a minimum of 12 credit hours. Depending on what your availability is, you can sometimes squeeze that out with your general education courses. They're usually 3-4 credit hours each. You can take care of your English, Science, and Math courses and fulfill that. Again, it's assuming you have the schedule that allows for it, like a night job.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

While it may be possible to fit the classes into my schedule, the only classes I have left (until I apply for the education program) are science courses, and I know that with my work schedule, I would not have time to dedicate to studying three hard sciences.

And then if I get into the education program, those courses require field work outside of class time, which would effect the number of classes I will be able to fit into my schedule.

Comment

I finally found some that are for part time, but have age requirements, usually 18-25; or some are over 30 or 35.

Comment

Originally posted by JPD View Post
          I finally found some that are for part time, but have age requirements, usually 18-25; or some are over 30 or 35.
          Look for "non-traditional student" scholarships. Those are (usually) for people over 24, or work odd hours.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
            Look for "non-traditional student" scholarships. Those are (usually) for people over 24, or work odd hours.
            While some of them don't have an age requirement, most non-traditioanl ones do specific an age older then I am.

Comment

Working...
            X