Bloody coughing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody coughing

What is wrong with me? What is wrong with my body?!? It has been over a week since the fever dropped and I've no longer got a runny nose or any other sickness related symptom.

EXCEPT that I can't stop bloody coughing. It is currently 2:20AM, I have work in the morning, I need my sleep, but I just coughed myself awake for the 2nd time in less than 3 hours.
    I've taken my allergy medication, I've gone through inhalation of stupid tea fumes, it just wont stop. WHY WON'T YOU STOP?

Thank you for letting me vent. Off to get awakened by myself in less than an hour again...
    Last edited by kamn; 03-02-2013, 11:34 AM.

Oh dear, I feel for you. I am coming off a 2-week bout of bronchitis that made me cough until I was spitting blood, it was so violent. And it's always worst at night. Why is that?

Good luck! Have you found any OTC medications that might help? Nyquil or something (I never take it myself as I hate the groggy feeling it leaves you with when you wake, but it really does help you sleep)?

Comment

*gives hugs*

I don't know what to give but my sympathies. I had a nasty cough after I recovered from walking pneumonia last year but it went away, and it didn't wake me as badly or as often as you describe.

Coughing sucks. >.< Yeah I know we need it for airway cleanage and stuff. It still sucks.

Comment

I'm sorry you're sick... but still greatly relieved to see your post, because just looking at the topic I thought you meant coughing up blood, which would be even worse. Glad to see it's just swearing.

Still a pain, though, isn't it? I had that for a month end of last year; started the day after Thanksgiving and didn't really clear up until after New Year's. NOT fun.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Thank you everyone for your concern and sorry for scaring you, didn't even think about the possibility of coughing up blood at the time.

Update for anyone that wants to know. The extreme coughing comes when I try to sleep on my stomach (not often) or on my left side (very often, its a lot more comfortable). The doctor listened to my breathing but couldn't note anything particular, though only my left tonsil is agitated. They gave me some vapors to inhale (think it was just saline, nothing mixed in) and it cleared it up after a minute. Kinda strange since chamomile inhalations didn't work.
          Heavy breathing actually lessens the frequency of the coughing, while big temperature variations (suspect its the humidity, not the temperature) increase it. Currently finishing up the Folkodin, Zinnat and Aerius pills from last week for those that want to know the medication. I REALLY don't like pills though.

Biggest worry is that its gonna be similar to last year (though it wasn't as intense), where it lasted from November till May. I was ordered out f the classroom a couple of times cos I couldn't stop.

Comment

Working...
          X