Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Commercials

Any commercials you're just sick of?

For example, there's an online one for gamestop that opens with "A UNICORN APOCOLYPSE IS COMING!!". It scares the B Jesus out of me everytime. Why does it have to be so LOUD!!!!!

Then there's those AT&T focus group ones with the kids. Kid waves his arms around and the braindead adult acts like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

State Farm commercials try to hard to be funny and don't have anything to do with their product.

I'm sure I'll think of more when I watch TV, but those one stick out as some of the most obnoxious commercials on TV.

I haven't seen many current commercials that stand out, but the AT&T ones are truly obnoxious. And, if anything, they make me less inclined to want to stay with them.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

seeing as I only watch blip/youtube based shows now I am sick of it always being the lynx adverts, they finally stopped airing the fireman "nothing beats an Astronaut" one to only replace it the next day with a life guard one, 9 times out of ten it's the pre roll advert and if there is a mid break it's there again.

I also hated (mostly due to the constant airing, but also due to the theme) a car ad for vaxhal (sp) or some other brand, whole load of cars driving around empty streets with coloured smoke comming out of them, they changed the song used after fuck knows how many times I saw it and would gladly rip the singers vocal chords out, I don't know if the song really changed or they used another part of the same one, it kinda sounded the same and I was kinda glad I had to use headphones as I could just not wear them instead of hitting the mute button.

Comment

the Geico commercials that are "how happy are people after switching to geico"

and the pig ones, that pig is just smug and irritating.

the Car commercials with the hip-hop dressed dancing hamsters
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I don't watch much on the television, but I do watch a lot of shows on the channels websites, or on hulu. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of time it is usually one one or two commercials per break, but it's the exact same commercial for each break. I would rather watch different commercials instead of the same commercial five times in less then an hour.

Comment

So far I seem to be in the minority, but I actually don't mind the AT&T ones. They're not the best commercials in the world, but they don't bother me nearly as much as some others.

Geico used to have great commercials, but they've since gone off the deep end with ridiculous gimmicks and running jokes. They try way to hard to get a chuckle out of me and belly flop in the process.

It's a local chain, but there's a furniture retailer in the north east called Bob's Furniture that has among the most campy commercials, even for local TV. The guy advertises a "Bobopedic" mattress, which he admits is some cheap knockoff of the Tempur-pedic mattress, and he seems to advertise it as if you're sleeping on God's lap. He also does all kinds of ridiculous commercials with either claymation or CGI animation with these obnoxious jingles, plus some of his deals make no sense at all. For example, he might advertise this dining room set that has four chairs and a hutch, for, say, $500, but if you didn't want the hutch, he will swap the hutch for a dining room table leaf, but the same amount of chairs for the same price! WTF? A friggen piece of wood that extends your dining room table is the same price as a hutch?! And who would want that extender without two extra chairs to go with it?!

The punchline to all this is Bob's Furniture keeps pledging no gimmicks. Every single commercial, "Gimmick free!" repeated over and over again. Is this some sort of attempt at poetic irony? I have no idea.

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the latest "fishy fishy" commercials by McDonald's. Every 5 minutes, I get to hear some idiots singing that tune, with or without the app on their phones. Seriously, it's a fucking cheap sandwich. There's no need to have an entire table of idiots screaming about it through their phones.

Geico truly has gone off the deep end. Too many mascots (gecko, cavemen, pig, etc.) and too many lame jokes. That crap wasn't funny then, and isn't now. They're trying too hard to be funny, and failing majorly.

Another annoying commercial of late, has to be the one for PCMatic. Their characters mention the product name about 45 times per spot. The ad comes off extremely scripted and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the latest "fishy fishy" commercials by McDonald's. Every 5 minutes, I get to hear some idiots singing that tune, with or without the app on their phones. Seriously, it's a fucking cheap sandwich. There's no need to have an entire table of idiots screaming about it through their phones.
                I was just about to write about that very commercial and the stupid app.
                Last edited by Ree; 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote of whole post.

Comment

I remember one of those commercials with the pig- he was zip-lining, and holding two whirligigs. All the while doing that incredibly annoying squealing and gleeful shrieking. I wanted to kill him and turn him into bacon just to get him to shut his trap.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                    The current one down here involves Monopoly Millionaire being run via McDonalds. The last line of the commercial is "play with your food." Makes me giggle everytime

Some of the more stupider commercials I've seen in the past 5 years or so have been....

-The latest batch of ads for KFC involving the brothers from Good Charlotte. Annoying.
                    -Ads for what was Mr. Bankrupt and Mrs. Bankrupt, which consist of a loud screechy annoying voice yelling about cheap-ass knockoffs for 30 seconds.
                    -Cunninghams ads, which involve a guy wiggling two fingers at the camera going "two dollars" over and over. ANNOYING. (another cheap-house, most of their locations have since closed down)

-There was this very cheesy ad for those impotence products which involved a guy and his girlfriend going at it in bed and then the police come in, claiming to be the bed police and hawking the product. Funny, but still W.T.F?
                    (nowadays they have the billboards going "Want longer lasting <censored>?" or some variation of that. This of course generates constant complaints because busybodies have this idea that the word "sex" prominently displayed (it's just text, no images) will result in teenage pregnancy)

Comment

I cannot stand the ads for:

--PCMatic, MyCleanPC, or whatever it calls itself now.
                      --Western Sky Financial (loan place run on a reservation, therefore not beholden to federal lending laws. The fine print on one of their ads states something like 90% interest for a 5K loan)
                      --A penny-auction scam site called Beezid (there's another one with almost the same ad style, can't recall the name right now). The actress enunciates way too much, and when people are gushing about how much they win, it actually says "Paid Actor" at the bottom of the screen <_<
                      Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                      It's a local chain, but there's a furniture retailer in the north east called Bob's Furniture that has among the most campy commercials, even for local TV.
                      Ah, yes, Bob's Furniture. Each holiday, the ads seem to get worse. We have a few local car dealerships that are pretty bad as well (one in particular; I can't remember the name, but their tagline is "Shop Us Last...")
                      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
                        I cannot stand the ads for:

--A penny-auction scam site called Beezid (there's another one with almost the same ad style, can't recall the name right now). The actress enunciates way too much, and when people are gushing about how much they win, it actually says "Paid Actor" at the bottom of the screen <_<
                        That would be Quibids I believe.

Comment

That song with the short haired brunette at a hotdog stand singing about how she needs to go back to college to make more money and sings just the most annoying song "Get connnnnected for freeeeeeee......at educationconnection.com"

Just wanna punch her.

Comment

I don't really watch TV anymore (hooray Netflix, etc.) so I don't see many of the more current commercials but...

does anyone remember "Head-On"?

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              That song with the short haired brunette at a hotdog stand singing about how she needs to go back to college to make more money and sings just the most annoying song "Get connnnnected for freeeeeeee......at educationconnection.com"

Just wanna punch her.
                              That one is still on?

Comment

Working...
                              X