Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't think things could get any worse. I was wrong. (language)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think things could get any worse. I was wrong. (language)

From the guy who wrote this thread comes something so unbelievable that it would have to be true! Most of the backstory about me is in there in various posts throughout the thread.

Well...fuck me sideways, things just got worse with my parents.

It all started last night. I have a shitty internet connection that barely works on a good day. I'm pretty surprised it's working now. Well, in typical my connection form, it went to shit last night at about 10 or so and stopped working completely. I didn't think anything of it since I was tired anyway and went to bed without troubleshooting.

I woke up this morning, and it was still off. Sometime between 9 and 10:30--nearly 12 hours later--it decided to bring itself back to life. I'd stayed in my room the majority of the morning until I got hungry and went out to the kitchen to grab some grub. That's when it all started.

My mom sees me walk into the kitchen and begins to rant about how I'm evil because my special snowflake of a brother who can do no wrong didn't have any Internet access on his iPod before he went to school this morning. (Funny. Back in my day, I'd get a verbal reaming for using the Internet before school--especially if it was on something that looked like a Game Boy. Whatever.) But he had HOMEWORK to do, damn it, and he needs Internet through his iPod to get his homework done!

First of all, I also didn't have Internet access last night and didn't have it until this morning around two hours after I woke up. Why in fuck's name, when I also had things I needed to download, would I be so evil as to affect myself with my imaginary conniving plan to destroy the Internet for everyone?

Second of all, fuck that shit. iPods are used for listening to music and playing games. How in fuck's name he was able to convince anyone that playing "Gangnam Style" at max volume was somehow homework is a fucking idiot. On top of that, our school system just gave every kid a netbook. On that netbook? Internet access through Verizon, which can be used for--drumroll, please--homework, even when my connection goes on vacation! The only difference between my connection and the Verizon connection is the Verizon card has a software program installed on it in the firmware by the school to keep people from going to less-than-desirable or distracting websites.

But is that good enough? No. Absolutely not. The Verizon connection is soo slow, according to my technologically-illiterate mother, who has never used a computer in her life and got pissed when I wanted to give her one to use. You know, if I really had an assignment to do that was that important--which my brother didn't, he just wanted to fuck around with "Gangnam Style" and make it look like he was actually doing something--I'd accept a slow connection over no connection.

Hell, the Verizon 4G is about 15 million times faster than what I used back in the day. You see, when we first got computers at that school, everything was on dial-up. Yes, even the network was dial-up. I remember the day I was typing my thesis. I'll be damned if the word processor I'd VPN'd into didn't crash and eat my whole fucking paper since the school was batshit crazy enough to not install the auto-save feature (or opt for reliable storage when we did manage to save to the network). So, yes, I'd rather have the Verizon netbook than to deal with the shitty dial-up VPN of my day.

But it gets more interesting. My dad didn't like my explanation that the Internet was down for everyone, so he came at me and pinned me down to the living room chair while striking me in the side of the head with his fists. (No, I didn't fight back. I couldn't.) I'm an adult, so I call the police to my house with intentions to press charges.

The police show up and send three officers. Now, if you read my other rant, you'll remember how my mom basically lied to the police last time and got me thrown out of the station for no reason whatsoever. This time was better.

As I'm talking to the officer, my mom runs out of the house crying like a banshee. Just as I think the woman has blown a mental gasket, she runs up to one of the police officers that responded and starts telling him everyone she knows down at the city precinct and how in hell could you possibly think poor little me or meek little Dad could do such a thing. Naturally through all of this, my mom and the officer seem to have some formed an indirect friendship of some kind, and--you won't believe this--the police was no longer interested in the charges I was going to press. Instead, he began telling me what a lazy bum I was.

Seriously, what the actual fuck? I have a lot of respect for the police--even after the shenanigans they pulled last time--but this just made me furious. How the fuck can you honestly say your job is to protect and serve if you're going to just drop a sure-fire battery charge after my mom goes on and on hysterically about everyone she knows? Fuck!

Oh, wait a second--and this is absolutely true, I kid you not--I almost forgot the time I witnessed one of the officers that responded sucking Ready-Whip off her female organs when I was about three.

After all this circle-jerking, the cops shrug off my complaint and tell me to go to my grandparents' house to stay for a while. Okay, I thought. My grandparents are cool. No sooner than 10 seconds after we all got back in the house, my mom picks up the phone and tells a bald-faced lie about the whole thing in order to turn my grandparents against me so I couldn't leave hell for a few hours and seek asylum in a safe location.

Why did I post this in "Things I Hate", you ask? Well, I hate it when people try to physically alter my face just because they didn't like (or didn't understand, for that matter) an answer I gave them to a rant. I also hate it when the police completely shrug something like this off. Ain't it great to have literally nowhere to turn when someone nearly beats the shit out of you because someone supposedly knows somebody--or something like that? Not that I'd ever do it, but I wonder what level of crime the police be willing to let me get away with if I befriended a cop or two? Apparently, battery is the ground floor.

I wish I could get out of this place. Swear to God I'm usually a nice guy who keeps to himself until bullpucky like this happens, but everyone involved in this situation can go fuck a buffalo. I'm getting pretty tired of this shit.

Eek.

I don't suppose talking to your grandparents would do any good? Finding a friend whose couch is unoccupied? Speaking to different police officers?

(I will, though, take minor exception to one thing: "iPods are used for listening to music and playing games." Indeed they are, and it may be that's all your brother uses one for, but it's far from all they can do.)
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Do you have any way to get away from your parents (Friends, other relatives, finding your own place, etc.)?

Did your dad striking you leave any marks or any other evidence? If there was no evidence and, based on the thread you linked, the police already see you as a liar I can see why they would be more inclined to listen yo tour mother. If, however, evidence of the attack was present the police siding with your mother makes far less sense.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        I don't suppose talking to your grandparents would do any good? Finding a friend whose couch is unoccupied? Speaking to different police officers?
        My grandparents have turned against me. I've also talked about this incident with some friends, and they don't want to get involved because they know how my parents are. Side-story: one friend came to my house one morning "back in the day" to give me a ride to school, only to be met with the barrel of a Remington .30-06 in his face. The sound of his tires squealing getting the hell out of dodge (no pun intended) could be heard from a mile away.

As for the cops, I'm convinced they're all one in the same. The "good ol' boy" network is pretty strong down there. Things don't get better once you go to any higher levels of law enforcement, and word on the street is they'd just call your local precinct and send an officer to you from there anyway. I consulted with a friend whose dad is a state cop, and that's what he tells me his dad says is standard procedure.

(I will, though, take minor exception to one thing: "iPods are used for listening to music and playing games." Indeed they are, and it may be that's all your brother uses one for, but it's far from all they can do.)
        True. I use mine to check email at wi-fi hotspots should my phone have issues. On the other hand, all my brother uses his for is general goofing around. Before his search for Gangnam Style, he searched for videos of people doing the Harlem Shake. (Of course, both searches failed because the Internet was down.) I had the same music teacher when I was at that school, and he hates modern rap/hip-hop/dance with a passion. It's not likely that searching for Gangnam Style or the Harlem Shake--or trying to look at LOLcats, much as I find them funny --would be homework.

I basically function as the support tech and network admin here in the house. Even if the Internet happens to be down, I can still check the logs of my firewall to see what he was searching for from the static IP I've set on his iPod. After the child predator incident, I'm looking at his search history very closely, and the static IP is to make 100% certain those results are really tied to his device. I fully admit that Big Brother is, indeed, watching over him--but it's mostly to save his ass should he do something so indefensibly stupid that I'd have to enter ass-saving mode. I might get into yet another situation like we had in the other thread, but that's just a risk I'll have to take.

Comment

You are the scapegoat of the family. Your brother is the golden child. NOTHING you do will or can be right. The best thing for you to do is move out and cease contact with your parents.

Comment

I...have no words for the sheer level of douchebaggery here. Your the black sheep of a family of black sheep, only decent person in it. O.o

Wish I had a couch to offer to you man. Just. Damn.

Any possibility of making shit blow up for them? The child predator and abusive parental angle might work well for a news story, if you can catch someone of that stripes attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
              Any possibility of making shit blow up for them? The child predator and abusive parental angle might work well for a news story, if you can catch someone of that stripes attention.
              I trust we're not talking explosives here?

Rapscallion
              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

try searching your local area for a men's shelter. they're usually designed to help get homeless men off the streets, and tend to be tied to churches, but they might be able to helpy ou find low-cost houseing to escape your abusive situation. if you live in a college/ uni town you might be able to rent a room for cheap too. you're old enough where your parents wouldn't have to cosign, and if there is that nessesity, you can simply inform them that due to family circumstances that isn't possible. then move, all in one day when they arent home. don't give them forwarding information until you feel safe to do so. maybe get your landlord to block their number, to save him the trouble if need be. but get out ASAP, no warnings or threats to move, just do it. for your own safety.
                pm me if you need someone to talk to. many hugs.
                All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Your best bet is to scrounge up a cheap ticket to anywhere else and just cut the ties completely by the sounds of it. Take whatever is yours, even if it's just the clothes on your back, and skiddaddle. (any more than that may get vindictive parents accusing you of stealing).

Comment

Yep, getting out is definitely the only way to make your life better. If you can't find an escape route on your own, my suggestion would be to find a hotline for people in abusive situations, because it looks like yours looks pretty emotionally abusive, and physically as well. You'll be able to share personal information that will make it easier for them to find resources to help you (your location and income, for starters, stuff you shouldn't share on a public forum). I know most such lines are for women with violently abusive boyfriends/husbands, but some of them handle all sorts of toxic relationships. They could also help find you resources to build up a support network, because it's dangerous to go alone. I only have minimal experience with this sort of thing, though. My boyfriend was the scapegoat of his family and couldn't get out on his own because they kept getting at his money (long story, can't share) so we arranged it for him to move into my family's office room. Like I said, it's hard without a support network.
                    "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                    We are contented, because he says we are
                    He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

I know it is easier said than done, but get out.

soon

Comment

Seriously, just leave. I know they will try to make it hard, I know they are gonna use your little sister as blackmail, but for your own sake, get the hell out and don't look back.

Comment

Go to the media, any and all media that will listen, and expose the police in your area for what they are.

And I'd still try calling higher levels of law enforcement and keeping trying until you get someone actually willing to do their job.

Comment

Move out, but before you do that, document, document, document. Do the same as if you were being harassed at work.

If you work and your boss and coworkers are awesome, tell them. Also, see if you can find other help at work or school, and in your community. They might be able to find resources like affordable living for you.

As for the police, if you can't press charges, at least you will have proof if your family decides to press charges against you.

If you do move out, perhaps you can take your little sister with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
                              I...have no words for the sheer level of douchebaggery here.
                              Nor do I.

If I may ask, is this the first time on of your "family" has been physically abusive?

I suppose it doesn't matter, the line has been crossed. You're in enemy territory now. GTFO, whatever it takes.

I read in your other thread that in spite of all the trouble your spoiled brat of a brother has gotten you into, you still love him. But if your "parents" are willing to go as far as lying to the police instead of disciplining him, then there's nothing you can do for him. You have to look out for your own safety now.
                              Last edited by Talon; 03-12-2013, 04:58 AM.
                              Customer: I need an Apache.
                              Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Working...
                              X