No announcement yet.

Make it go away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girlfriend has loathed pink since early childhood. She would destroy any pink toy with disturbing glee. It took an embarrassingly long time for her parents to reach the obvious conclusion that if they gave her something pink, then it would get flattened by the semis that frequented the nearby street.

I cannot understand such strong dislike for low saturation red, but hey, it used to be my favorite color. It felt so calming and pleasant.

We bond over our mutual dislike of most shades of yellow.

Comment

*sigh* When I was growing up I had the opposite problem of some of the people here---my Mother refused to give me anything in pink because it was the seventies and she was convinced pink was a conspiracy to make girls weak and subservient. I never, ever, got any pink clothes or toys, so consequently I became obsessed with the color by the time I was 10 years old.

Of course they still don't understand my fashion sense---I'm a vintage dress and heel wearing girl from a family of tomboy-cowgirls----but at least they accept it now. I look FANTASTIC in most shades of pink, I have extreme pink undertones in my skin, so I wear pink a lot. In fact when I worked at the newspaper my coworkers in the ad department used to call me 'The Pink Tornado'.

Comment

Oh, I've seen the breast cancer stuff for ages; that doesn't bother me. It's the saturation of everything else that annoys the hell out of me. I was horrified when I heard today that there are pink *GUNS* in existence. No. No. If it was green or blue or purple or something cool like that, I'd buy it, but a frackin pink gun?? Barforama!

I do think that the surge of pink in recent years does have a little bit to do with a subtle indoctrination though, considering the current cultural mindset in general. I've noticed with what little tv I do watch that there are more commercials where women are painted as doing "women's work" and men are painted as doing "men things" that are distinctly gender-fixed according to the old stereotypes. (Another thing that annoys me) Somebody seriously needs to fire some advertising/marketing execs...
        ~ The American way is to barge in with a bunch of weapons, kill indiscriminately, and satisfy the pure blood lust for revenge. All in the name of Freedom, Apple Pie, and Jesus. - AdminAssistant ~

Comment

Pink football jerseys. Bah. It's so anti-football.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I like pale pinks, but the Breast Cancer pink(I'm a bit annoyed with the all the cause-color branding going on) is just everywhere and I never liked that shade anyways. And that bright Neon "PRINCESS" pink is just blinding.
            Sam will kill him if he tries anything

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst Hunter View Post
              Oh, I've seen the breast cancer stuff for ages; that doesn't bother me. It's the saturation of everything else that annoys the hell out of me. I was horrified when I heard today that there are pink *GUNS* in existence. No. No. If it was green or blue or purple or something cool like that, I'd buy it, but a frackin pink gun?? Barforama!
              Not even a pink hello kitty rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
                That doesn't even look remotely threatening. Someone could bust into one of my tutoring sessions and I'd just continue on with my tutoring.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I take it back- there are two situations I don't mind pink in. Baby girls, and deadly assault rifles. Because that is wicked sweet.

Comment

I would so like to have a pink gun.

But like I've said, my whole thing is being contradictory. A pink, frilly deadly weapon would fit into my character perfectly.

Comment

I like pink.*ducks* Wearing it and maybe a few accessories in pink is okay, but I refuse to decorate in pink.
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                      X