More job application bullshit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More job application bullshit.

The more I fill out online applications, the more I hate them. Especially when they don't even work. I found some positions for bank tellers that would have been perfect for me. I already had the information I needed on my resume and just needed to fill out the assessment (which wasn't a big deal). But when I try to fill out the assessment, all I get is a loading screen. Why? Why is this a problem? Did some idiot programmer fuck up or is my PC just a piece of crap? It's not that I'm not looking, it's that there's stupid crap like this that makes it difficult to apply.

So infuriating.

A buggy application process is a great way to narrow the field when there are enough qualified applicants that a random method will let some through.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it is intentional to see how many people will keep working at it until it works.
      I know that a lot of places here have ludicrous online applications... the Grand Sierra Resort and the Silver Legacy both have applications that will not let you submit them until you have explained every period of employment and unemployment back a minimum of 10 years... which means for many applicants they are explaining why they were unemployed when they were 11. State of Nevada isn't as absurd, but they explicitly forbid you to submit a resume, you can only apply using their online profile and every job from janitor on up has a pre-employment test, some of them have multiple (for just one position I had to take 3 tests... thankfully those three tests will transfer to every similar position I apply for). And frankly, I will gladly jump through every hoop because I know a lot of people won't, and that just means better chances for me.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Smiley, I wouldn't be surprised either. There are so many things on applications that seem designed to trip you up or make more work out of something than need be. For instance, having you put your first name last. Okay, they might file it by last names, but it still seems like it would make more sense for the first name to be first. Then you have the resume thing. You have to put the same information down twice a lot of the time.

All these psychological tricks are just evil. I blame them for not being employed.

Comment

And another thing, why do they have you set up your own account if it won't recognize your name? I applied for two jobs that had the same application system (taleo). I used the same screen name I used for the other job, but when I applied to this different bank, it wouldn't recognize me. WTF is that about?

Comment

Working...
          X