Objectivist bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Objectivist bullshit

No I'm not talking about Ayn Rand (although she sounded nuts), I'm talking about people who pride themselves in being "objective" and"factual", but can't take any disagreement. If you say "Well I feel that such and such", they'll respond "it doesn't matter what you FEEL it matters what's true and such and such is true". That's a pretty extreme statement to make, but most of the time, people who say this make little effort to back it up. Instead, they just come across as bigotted and intolerant, but see nothing wrong with it because they're "objective".

Oh I ran into this not long ago.

Some person was trying to claim that the very BEST household for a child was with loving and supportive BIOLOGICAL parents. Then loving and supportive adoptive parents was second best.

She said it was FACT. (Literally, not just passing it off as fact, STATING THAT IT WAS AN UNDENIABLE FACT.)

So of course my initial response was, "Please to be providing a scientific study that proves your "factual" statement, because everyone else here knows you're full of shit."

Comment

I used to be exactly like that. I think back on some of the things I said and the way I acted back then and I cringe. If I could apologize to everybody I ever spoke like that to, I would. It's a very harmful frame of mind to have.

Comment

Working...
      X