No announcement yet.

Ruining Shows with Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here this week, Revolution picked up after being gone a couple of months. It aired on the east coast a few hours before the west, and of course some dickhead on facebook had to post a major spoiler right after watching it on the east coast. I thought that was kinda mean, even though I don't generally rage about spoilers in general.

And Blaquekatt, that co-worker of yours needs to get a grip. I wouldn't tolerate being screamed at for the most innocent of non-spoiler comments, I'd have choice words for him. Something like "So you don't watch the show at all during the season, and prefer to save the episodes up and watch them in a Marathon? Fine. Ask us not to tell you spoilers, fine. But you don't get to blow up at us for having *any discussion* about the show at all!"

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
      I made a new rule that I was only going to see movies/tv shows based off of comics or other stuff only with people that didn't know the real story, or like me, didn't care. I can't stand the nerd raging. It irritates me. Get a fucking life already.
      I enjoyed Constantine as a stand alone movie (not a good movie but by no means shite) and didn't even know till a few months after that it was 'meant' to be a Hell Blazer movie and not one that had the licence fall through at the last minute either, afaik it went to the press as a hell blazer movie.
      Alot of fans though threw shit fits, I don't read much in the way of comics but treat them as another way of getting a story out as valid as a book or day time soap, I just don't see Transmetropolitan starting out on TV, being adapted one day yes, but not being written for and taken up by a studio, hell it probably cost as much to make the whole print run than it would to do an episode.

Sport's fans have been a running joke in TV shows over similar event's, cast member X missed the big game but had it taped and each time the news comes on the radio frantacly changes the channel to not know that his team lost wanting to watch the highs and lows as if he were watching it live.

Comment

Originally posted by kaycivine View Post
        I personally LOVE spoilers. >>

But I'm weird.
        I'm like that.

There's a guy who does these hilarious commentaries for a live playthrough of the Nancy Drew games. I will end up watching the latest one, even if the game isn't going to come out in Australia for yonks!

Comment

OK dr Who has aired (watched it on bbc iPlayer cos I don't have a TV to watch it at 6pm) and as it has aired anything I say about it isn't a spoiler.

Spoiler below (only cos I don't know the 'white text' colour)

Jammy Dodgers make a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
            I seriously don't understand how people can be so emotionally invested in a television show that "spoiling it" is a reason to threaten violence.

IT. IS. A. TELEVISION. SHOW. NOT. A MATTER. OF. GREAT. IMPORTANCE.
            Um, I don't see anyone seriously advocating violence in this regard.

The few comments that skirted it a little seem pretty firmly tongue-in-cheek to me.

Comment

I'm pretty much a pacifist as far as violence goes. I know that seems vastly at odds to a lot of my other opinions but I'm not one for confrontations unless it's life or death. I'd never actually get violent over a TV show.

The guy is continuing to be a douche but at least everyone is grouping together to piss the guy off and make him leave. I just keep reporting him for spam and finally a mod showed up to say that even though he's not breaking any forum rules, that he is to knock it off.

About damn time.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well, no one told me I had to hold back how I felt about the finale of the Walking Dead until *everyone* *everywhere* had seen it so I didn't spoil it.

Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  Well, no one told me I had to hold back how I felt about the finale of the Walking Dead until *everyone* *everywhere* had seen it so I didn't spoil it.

Whatever.
                  The way we do it on the other forum is we can discuss it as it happens. So whenever I missed the first viewing of the episode, I avoid the thread until I see the repeat.

Facebook, I never post spoilers, even after the show has aired. There's always someone who missed it Sunday night.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I've never been known for having manners.

Comment

for me, spoilers can vary. i think people are only being jerky about it if they post directly to a person they know hasn't seen it (fb) or in threads not discussing latest episodes where spoilers are not allowed. that seems intentional.
                      but for someone to post on their own FB/ Twitter/ in relevant threads a spoiler, they shouldnt be raged at. people are allowed to comment what they want, and as long as there was no intent to spoil in their comment, i don't see taking offense as needed.
                      to explain better:
                      "wow, walking dead has a fantastic showdown! go bobert for killing mary sue!" may be spoiling, but their intent was harmless and a show of excitement.
                      "wow, <person's name>, you are missing an amazing episode. bobert finally took out mary sue with a hacksaw. chick had it coming after <more spoilery shit>". by directing it to someone it makes it more dickish. even if it wasn't a specific name, but a "to all you guys missing tonights...", it still would have been dickish because they want to spoil it.
                      intent is everything.

(for the record, i havent watched walking dead in ages (i hate what they did with the dale/andrea relationship) so my spoiler used is bullshyte lol)
                      All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                        We had someone come into the thread as Season 3 started of TWD and he bitched that we had posted spoilers about stuff from Seasons 1 and 2. That, in my opinion, is not our problem. You can't walk into a thread about a TV show and expect no one to have talked about what has happened already.
                        With fan sites being international and foreign stations taking up a show a season behind the States means posters should be aware of this, even if there was a specific sub forum for each season, chances are someone will accidentally drop a season 3 spoiler in a season 2 thread.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                        But there should be a reasonable expectation that no one will ruin what is going to happen in episodes that haven't aired.
                        Broadcast ever or just not in some other country?
                        Cos I have a few hours between UK Dr Who airing and the states (I posted about already but no one seemed to pick up on), I am not spoiling it for the UK as it has already been broadcast depending on your stance on the quote, I am either in the clear or being a douche.

Granted if I am in a Dr Who forum and I don't want spoilers I should keep away from unaired episodes, but outside of specific forums, say a CS post meantions who and someone blurts out something unseen in the US but just watched in the UK, well no one get's a fair warning.

Comment

Working...
                        X