Chain Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Emails

I got a lovely one the other day from a girl at my barn. Standard neo-conservative crazy ranting about Muslims, rarrrrgh! and Obama has a funny, potentially Muslim name bullshit.

I hit reply all and sent back a fairly reasonable response back mentioning that awful actions are not the sole property of any one religion, and that by simply watching the news, one could easily figure out that Obama attends a Christian church.
    For starters, this girl went to college. She's not your standard moron. I would have expected something like that from some of my Mom's crazy friends, but not this gal. That, and I got a barrage of emails back from other people that got it DEFENDING the content of the email.

I weep for all humanity when we, a society with access to so much more information and an ability to rub elbows with people of other races and creeds still buy into such hate and ignorance. Especially from people who purport to be followers of the Prince of Peace. Oh, to be able to reach through the computer and bitch-slap whoever comes up with this sort of drivel and spreads it with no trace of irony.

I hate the standard "Send this to everyone, blah blah, suffering from cancer, blah blah" ones that are debunked on snopes. I just paste in the page from snopes and send it back.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
      For starters, this girl went to college. She's not your standard moron.
      No, but looks like she's a standard racist. College does nothing for people who go with a closed mind. They pick and choose what that want to hear, and discard the rest.

I know a few people who are incredibly intelligent, but very close-minded. They have an intellectual curiosity, but are careful with what they indulge in. Basically, their minds have a large capacity, but they lack the emotional maturity and fortitude for dealing with a world that's not black-and-white.

Please forward this post to at least 12 people or the world will end.

Comment

Boozy, you forgot to say you need to send this to 45 people in 5 minutes or a clown will rape your dog while you sleep.

Comment

And you forgot to mention the girl who was murdered on this very day will come and kill you in the night unless you forward this message to at least 50 people.
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

http://www.fightthesmears.com

Very helpful for sending to email forwarders.

Comment

Emails I'm prepared for and can delete, but I hate HATE HATE texts. Most of the ones I get are poorly spelled couplets or jokes about friendships, with the closer "send this 2 14 ppl if u dont get at lest 9 bak ure a bad freind". Not only do I have to track down my cell when I get one, and spend 10 seconds wondering who's texting me and what the problem is, an irritation in and of itself, but thanks to my stupid big name phone provider I have to pay to receive this drivel. I keep telling my friends that I don't have unlimited texting like they do, and please stop wasting my time with this crap. It usually works for about a month, and then they forget. I'm seriously considering getting a new phone number and only giving it to people who use it responsibly.

Comment

You will also have 7 years of bad luck, a kitten will die, and it will be your fault children are starving in Africa.

But IF you forward it, you will meet the love of your life tomorrow and win the lotto!

Comment

Boozy - the world will end, regardless.....

I do the 'reply-all' with Snopes, and then a discussion about people learning to do their research first, before trying to look like an ignorant moron. (not quite phrased that way... cos it usually only comes from 1 person...and he's studying to be an engineer!)

SMS chain??? HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE.......

I was thinking of posting a new thread (but it's probably already been done) on those 'social' sites like myspace and facebook, etc. I hate getting invites from my friends for those things! If you want to tell me something, then ring me! Or at least send me a personal email!!! That you wrote yourself!

/rant
                  ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I'd rather pay an extra $20 a month for unlimited text than to be bankrupt from text chains.

The only chain I've ever received and appreciated each of the 24 times it was sent was the one about President Hinckley's passing. I miss him.

Anyway.

Back when I was a short-tempered teen, I'd post replies to myspace chain bulletins. My three favorite to post bulletins about were: DON'T PUMP GAS ON TEH 14TH LULZ!, and JESUS LUVS U DON'T 4GET!, and BOO BORDER PATROL SHOOTING MY MEXICAN FAAAAMILLLYYYYY.

They were really, horribly full of swear words and dark humor. Nobody on myspace will read this, but I do apologize....

Comment

Working...
                    X