Can I please just have an emotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
    I quite agree with Mongo's Mr. Rogers vs Barney explanation.
    Thank you.

Even though women are built to bear children, it's still rough on our bodies. Pregnancy leaves you tired, robs you of nutrients and energy, causes all sorts of body aches and stress. It's natural to feel run-down and unenthusiastic. And it's highly uncharitable of others to try to make you feel worse about feeling bad.
    I work at a hospital in the IT department. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the "Women's Health and Birthing Center" and heard some mother-to-be screaming "Get this parasite out of me NOW GODDAMNIT!" (or some variant thereof).
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post

I get sick of hearing, "Smile," in a teasing tone.
      I found out that if you look them fixedly in the eye without blinking and than proceed to show your teeth in the most manacing way you can while keeping the mouth closed while making sure your expression is that of barely contained anger, they won´t ask you to smile again.

Comment

Another thing I hate is when people tell you that how you feel doesn't matter. Example, I have a fear of snakes. It's not be the most rational fear, but it IS a fear that affects me and is one of the reasons I'm afraid to go camping. You could make all the rational arguments for why my phobia is irrational or why I have nothing to fear, but in the end of the day, I'm petrified of snakes. If I were to go camping, it would affect my enjoyment. So no, what I feel does indeed matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          Another thing I hate is when people tell you that how you feel doesn't matter. Example, I have a fear of snakes. It's not be the most rational fear, but it IS a fear that affects me and is one of the reasons I'm afraid to go camping. You could make all the rational arguments for why my phobia is irrational or why I have nothing to fear, but in the end of the day, I'm petrified of snakes. If I were to go camping, it would affect my enjoyment. So no, what I feel does indeed matter.
          Even if it could be shown that there are no snakes in the area, because the bears ate them all?

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
            Even though women are built to bear children, it's still rough on our bodies. Pregnancy leaves you tired, robs you of nutrients and energy, causes all sorts of body aches and stress. It's natural to feel run-down and unenthusiastic. And it's highly uncharitable of others to try to make you feel worse about feeling bad.
            It's more the fact that I'm not doing the whole bonding thing. I'm just like...I can't affect this in any way, shape, or form. What is there to bond to? Add on top of that what you mentioned, and I'm just ready to be done with this. >.<
            I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
            X