Just tell me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tell me!!!

I cannot stand it when people want to ask or tell me something important, but instead of just going out and saying it, they find some way to drag it out. Either by making me wait while they're finishing with another task, arguing with another person over who is going to tell, or by repeating that they need to tell me.

Here's a novel idea, if you have something to say, FUCKING SAY IT!! Don't get me all worried and fearing the worst when it's something that can be said in a matter of seconds.

I know this seems petty, but it's something I can't stand.

<whine>But I want you to guess!!!!!</whine>
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Some things are hard to say, and most people have to work themselves up to it.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Some things are hard to say, and most people have to work themselves up to it.
        In some cases perhaps. However a lot of the times I've run into this, it's someone who starts to tell you something then wanders off into a monologue covering months of needless backstory.

Then there are the people who try to tell me something but because they can't remember the name of someone who is only marginally connected to the story...spend the next 5 minutes trying to remember the name leaving me wondering what the original topic was supposed to be about and why this mostly unrelated person is so @#$%ing important.

And if/when they finally remember the name or what obscure thing they've done...they forget what they were going to say in the first place.

And we also have the people who are trying to create drama and tension by trying to make us guess or just waiting for us to ask the questions so they can with a dramatic flair reveal the nugget of information. Not the whole thing, just a nugget that's interesting enough so we don't say "Oh fuck this!" and continue on playing their annoying game.

Or there are the terminally vague. These are the people that I'm certain only wear iPods so they can have a continual loop MP3 saying "Breathe in. Breathe out" so they don't asphyxiate. These are the people who start off saying some...

And when you try to get them to tell you what was so fuggin important, have totally forgotten it themselves. Now this is normally the realm of the stoner and other drug addled people, but it's more and more commonplace in the non-drug-using population. The group of people who figured out how to turn off their brains and haven't turned them on again.

Likely because they've forgotten how.
        “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          In some cases perhaps. However a lot of the times I've run into this, it's someone who starts to tell you something then wanders off into a monologue covering months of needless backstory.
          Yeah... I do that. My conversations tend to take a scenic route.
          I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Would this be a good place to bring up people who cannot accept an "it's nothing"or "never mind" to save their lives? Yes, I know sometimes people say that when it *is* something. But time and again... say something reminds me of a joke that's inappropriate or not worth repeating, and a bit of a smile or chuckle leaks out before I've stopped it, so to speak. Or I start to ask a question and then realize the answer after the first word or two are out. That sort of thing. Certain people won't let it go until I've explained. Bonus if they then get mad at me for wasting their time, spoiling the mood, or whatever when I do tell them.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
            X