Insurance Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Suck

After the accident I talked about here, I decided to file a police report and let the insurance handle it. I ended up being put in touch with some insurance agent who asked me a bunch of questions about the accident. She wanted to know exactly where it took place, what floor of the parking structure it occured, what angle the spaces were, and all these other details that seemed so unnecessary. It felt more like an interrogation and considering the accident wasn't even my fault, I didn't appreciate it.

But I figured that it was just proceedure and since I waited for the police report, they needed all the info they could get. I eventually got a letter from the insurance telling me it was okay. I was about to take my car in when I got a call from the insurance lady I talked to before. She wanted additional information. I tried to call her back 3 times that day, but I couldn't get ahold of her. So I waited until Monday in which I got a letter telling me that she tried to reach me multiple times (bullshit!), but couldn't get ahold of me. Apparently she needed more information because she couldn't get ahold of the woman who hit me. And here she asks me the same fucking questions she asked me the first time. If that wasn't bad enough, she tells me I need to wait for the deductable until they figure this out, even though I got a letter telling me it was okay!!

So I wait for her to call back. I wait, wait, wait, and wait. It's almost two weeks and I still haven't heard back from the assholes. So I finally call and (politely) ask what the hell is going on. She comes up with some bullshit about how she tried to reach me (when? I don't remember ever getting a call from her!). She then says she needs a recorded statement about the accident. And this is where she asks, the same. damn. questions. FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!

After the bullshit questions, I ask if it's okay to get a deductable now and she says yes. That's good, but WHY DID IT TAKE ALMOST A MONTH AND 3 INTERROGATIONS JUST TO GET THE GO AHEAD?!?!?!?!?! At first I thought the lady who hit me being difficult, but after having to answer all these stupid questions 3 times, I think a lot of the suck is on the insurance.

Someone dropped the ball.

Insurance company = take your mom and pay none back.

Their M.O. is probably to deny and delay the claim for as long as they can, hoping the customer will give up on it.

I've had medical bills goto collections because of tactics like this.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Even better than a delay: they might find a way to get out of paying at all if they catch you contradicting yourself.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

That's true. I didn't think about that.

Oh you waited 6 minutes? Your original statement said 5 minutes. False Claim! False Claim! Fraud!!!!!!
        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I've never actually had to deal with a claim, really. I had somewhat of a moderate surgical procedure with my HMO, but they covered the without any questions.

But I can imagine the strife of having to answer stupid questions about a claim should they occur. It's no wonder there's an entire industry of lawyers collecting insurance claims.

Comment

Jesus Christ she called again!!

This time she said she wanted a recorded statement, which I already gave the 3rd time I talked with her! I told her that, but she claimed otherwise and wanted another recorded statement. And guess which questions she asked, THE EXACT. SAME. QUESTIONS AS BEFORE!!! It was the same infuriating bullshit, but in the end, she claimed they still owe me a deductible even though I already got the deductible. WTF is that about?

I'm actually getting really suspicious here and am wondering what shit they're trying to pull. Despite my ramblings against sucky customer service policies, I'm not an SC, but if this shit continues, I might make an exception.

Comment

The only thing that makes sense to me given the multiple times with the same questions is they are desperately trying to find some way to deny this claim. They keep hoping you'll change your story, details won't match or maybe you'll mention something new they can nail you on.

The recordings are troublesome too. You had better hope both are near identical copies, if they are not, this insurer now has "proof" you lied to them.

Comment

FUCK

I just realized that. I should have never agreed to answer the questions.

Son of a bitch!!!!

Comment

If they call again, tell them you have told your side enough times, and that the next time they call, your next call will be to an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
                    If they call again, tell them you have told your side enough times, and that the next time they call, your next call will be to an attorney.
                    Nice.

I like the sound of that cause they are going beyond being sucky employees. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to pull something on me.

Comment

OP, this is the other driver's insurance, is that correct? I'd fist try contacting your local insurance commission or similar entity to complain. Maybe they can give you some pointers?

Comment

No it's my insurance company. We have no fault insurance here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                          Nice.

I like the sound of that cause they are going beyond being sucky employees. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to pull something on me.
                          Why not turn the tables on them? Record your conversations with them. Play them back when they ask the same questions, that way your answers are always the same...

Comment

As an alternative, for those involved in accidents or as witnesses, write down what you remember as soon as feasible, only including the relevant data, such as other vehicles, and the lead-up to the incident if you observed it. Then go over that and add in any details you might have forgotten in the first draft. Just be careful that you don't generate details that weren't actually evident - the human brain loves to fill in blanks, and will actually manufacture things wholesale to make a pleasant whole.

Both of my experiences were as a witness, and in both cases, I was required to give a recorded statement more than once; both times, there was police involvement, so I gave the statement to the not-at-fault's insurance, then again, about a month later, to the police. The first one had me fill out an incident report, as well. I have to say that having written out the experience each time helped quite a bit in my ability to recall it later.
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X