Boston fall out in youtube comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston fall out in youtube comments

Normally I don't bother with YouTube comments, mostly due to the channels I go to having idiots for fans.

But the main channel of a gaming brand was uploading videos as per usual, some probably recorded days in advance, eg 20-30 minutes uploaded out of a 2 hour gaming session (which also defeats fan comments trying to help as one was uploaded over a month after it was recorded as it was split into weekly parts).

Someone posted that they should follow random never heard of youtuber's lead and not broadcast that day, said youtuber might have been a big name and was doing it "as a mark of respect" and they being part of a large subscriber base should be doing it too.
    I don't think there was a YouTube endorsed black out that they were disregarding, it think it was purely someone or a group of someones that thought hey this person isn't uploading today so why are you, even if it turns out that person just had nothing set to upload.

YouTube allows scheduled uploads so this could have been queued a week or more in advance, I don't have a YouTube account myself to test it, but one person was away on holiday for a week, yet still had new video's uploaded and I really doubt he took the time to go to a wifi hotspot when in London every day to make sure the next video went up.

I take it from the amount of down voted post's there was still 'out cry' a few days or videos later as trolls have started to post jokes about the event in response.
    At the end of the day they are an entertainment channel and the video's were not ill timed running games recorded a week before, TV stations might reschedule a running or terrorism themed movie set to air that week, but if it has already been uploaded to the servers, they may not have much they could do save either making it private or putting a big disclaimer in the description.
    But we all know no one reads those.

I don't know if it was broadcast live the day of or day after, but I just got off watching the blip uploaded WTFIWWY live, that show went ahead as normal and so it should (hell he still did the episode when his world was turning to shit), they didn't bring it up once so that if you were to watch it in a random batch you would never know (save for the dates on the title card) which was the one recorded this week, or just after sandy brooke for that matter.

TV shows don't get called out for still showing daytime soaps and evening entertainment, there would be more of an outcry if all TV stations went dark or just broadcast their affiliate 24 hour news station.

Not everything in the world has to be... tributized, for lack of a better word, every time something happens.

I was, though, surprised at today's "B.C." comic strip. It was yet another of the dictionary series. "Bomb maker: Tyler Perry's producer." Usually that sort of thing gets swapped out.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
    X