Our neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our neighbors

Since Kabe and I are trying to move, I've been mostly ignoring our neighbors and their antics.

Never mind that there's like three families living in a trailer barely bigger than ours.

Never mind that they have so many cars over they park in our yard.

Never mind that they scream at their kids and each other at all hours of the day and night.

Never mind that their kids tease our dog.

They just got a brand new puppy. They haven't had her for even a week. She's this gorgeous black puppy (I'm assuming a lab mix) that looks like she's probably a couple months old.

Even though they have a fenced-in dog run, they've been allowing it out in their unfenced front yard that's defined by our mutually shared driveway. So she can play with their kids (not that the kids or adults pay any attention to her. She just kinda runs/flops around in the way puppies do in the yard after them.)

Well, we just heard the most painful, pitiful yelping I have ever heard from an animal. One of the men over there just ran over her! She was under their car, and he apparently didn't even check.

I overheard them say they think they broke her leg. They got her bundled up and took her into the car with them.

I just...I want to go over and take that poor pup. We can't really afford another dog with a baby on the way, but I just...
    I has a blog!

Yeah. Sadly, I was expecting this to happen. Earlier today, I was at the window watching the puppy in their driveway while they were getting ready to go somewhere. She was wandering around wherever she wanted, in and out from under the car, and being completely ignored by everyone. She's almost always being completely ignored by all of them, until she needs to get somewhere she can't and starts barking. Then they pick her up, move her where she wants to be, and go back to what they were doing. Between that and the way they get ready to go places (rushing, slamming doors, and arguing the whole way), I was just thinking to myself it was a matter of time before they seriously hurt the puppy.
    "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
    TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

At least they appear to have taken it to the vet.

The assholes across the street from us didn't even do that much when they let their little mop dog loose and it ran into our yard and got bitten by on of my brother's dogs.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, after all, there *is* a huge difference between carelessness of the simple unthinking, disorganized type and actually not caring.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I think the puppy's dead.

They just came home and the wife's carrying a small wrapped bundle and the husband just started digging a hole in the front yard.

Bundle's about the size of a puppy...
          I has a blog!

Comment

Poor puppy...
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The hole is the worst part.

I hate to steal the show, but my parents have had the same neighbors since we first moved here when I was a teen.

We couldn't even try to privately prepare a grave for our dog we were soon having put down without them asking why we were digging a hole in the yard.

I don't fucking know, maybe for burying all of our money so the gubbermint can't take it? Herk herk.

They're not the worst, but man, I can barely go outside to see my outdoor cat without the wife being out for her half hourly smoke and she's always asking me what's going on at my work (because we work for competing companies). Mine's doing well, hers is closing down.

Comment

Poor puppy. They probably took it to a vet and had it put down because they couldn't afford the care it needed (and wouldn't have valued the puppy enough to pay even if they could afford it).

Some people just should not have pets.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Do you have an ASCPA or something? I'd report them for neglect. (Their neglect caused the death of the puppy.)

Comment

Originally posted by Seifer View Post
                    Do you have an ASCPA or something? I'd report them for neglect. (Their neglect caused the death of the puppy.)
                    I think there's one but since I can't say for certain without digging up their yard that the puppy's dead (never mind I haven't seen it since), I doubt there's much they can do anyway.

We did tell Kabe's uncle, though, who's their landlord. Turns out they're due for an inspection this upcoming month, so chances are they'll have to find new living quarters (Kabe's cousin says they think the inside is trashed as is).
                    I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
                    X