Misdirected advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misdirected advertisement

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a cheapass when it comes to music; I just want to listen to it, quit making me jump hoops! (Btw, anybody know a cheap easy program for switching file type on music? WMA won't load on my phone. )

So, I've been exploring the various streaming radio stations, especially now that I have a smartphone. I used to use MeeMix, and then found Pandora, and now I've discovered Slacker Radio.

I'm finding I prefer Slacker, except for one thing.

Their personal ads are driving me up the wall!

Everything is a comparison to Pandora. "We have more music than Pandora!" "We allow you to play offline and Pandora can't!" "We play less ads than Pandora!"

Dudes. I realize you want me to purchase a package and send you money, but comparing yourself constantly to the competition when I'm already on your site? I'm starting to wonder if maybe you're overcompensating.
    I has a blog!

vlc the movie player offers some file conversions, not looked too deep into it mind.
    Having said that I haven't seen a wma in the wild in years, only windows media player would spit them out ripping CD's unless you said "no give me mp3's instead" like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
      vlc the movie player offers some file conversions, not looked too deep into it mind.
      Having said that I haven't seen a wma in the wild in years, only windows media player would spit them out ripping CD's unless you said "no give me mp3's instead" like I do.
      I'll look at VLC then.

This is music I've been lugging around since I was a teen and didn't have anybody to tell me that wma sucked. I just ripped the CD's so I could listen to them. Silly me.
      I has a blog!

Comment

apple defaults to acc or whatever and media player wma, but I know windows will let you opt out at no cost, but I have never ripped via iTunes.

I do not know if it keeps the bit rate ratio or goes for a set default that may not be as good as the source file, I for the longest time have used 320kbps mp3's as I had the drive space to use them, used to have 128kbps, but having said that, in those days windows media player wasn't what is is, this was on a 98 box using music match jukebox.

least with vlc if it doesn't convert adequately, you still have a nice multi codec video / media player.

Comment

Working...
        X