BBC iPlayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC iPlayer

Adobe Air is listed as the culprit updating can corrupt the folder where the gubbins iPlayer use's.

Not updated Air in a while, not restarted PC in a week or more, it power saves over night, but I gave in to the iTunes nag just a few minutes ago which resulted in a reboot, iPlayer pops up with a blank library, but the files are still in the folder, but not playable like normal mp4's or it's movie file type that VLC is the default for.

Just uninstalling and reinstalling wont do it, turns out you have to manually delete two folders in appdata/roaming, you don't have to worry bout your video files, they don't get deleted and should work without issue save for resetting the deletion time.

but ffs, this is at least the third time on this box and I've only had it less than 2 months and it was an almost weekly thing on my old box that did get shut down regularly.
    On that one I had to uninstall air and iPlayer and it lost the video info even though the folder was intact, so I couldn't watch the last 4 episodes of a show that was no longer listed for download.

Oh and if a video has been deleted from the server, the pull part of it won't go "oh ok then, I'll stop asking for it." it will check almost every hour (can be changed) and it popping up saying "Retrieving download information" will take any full screen YouTube back to the web site one.
    Last edited by Ginger Tea; 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM.

Gah! they still haven't fixed it, pc requested another restart and upgrade and lo it was all blank again, luckily my downloads are still there and the ones I've watched that were due to time out are now back on the full month.

Comment

I've 'fixed' Iplayer so many times I don't have to look up how to do it anymore. It seems like everytime Adobe Air updates it breaks Iplayer.

Comment

Working...
      X