Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best friend's grandmother murdered...and salt in the wounds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best friend's grandmother murdered...and salt in the wounds.

Last week, my best friend's grandmother was murdered in what appeared to be a surprised burgler case in Pennsylvania. This morning, the police have announced they have the suspect in custody and his alleged true motivations as to his crime:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/226189...-stabbing-case

Adding on to the tragedy is something that's gotten all our blood boiling. On a website called n*ggermania (asterisk replaced with the correct letter, of course, and one I cannot access at work to provide the actual link) There is a very short article about the murder, basically using it as a vehicle to spread their bigoted and intolerant opinions (yes, the suspect is african-american).

My friend is incensed by this, as are we all. The suspect's race and ethnicity have nothing to do with the crime he allegedly committed. My friend had a very legal and very apropos suggestion as to how we could address this issue. In the interests of keeping with site rules please PM me if you'd like to know more.

And please, prayers for the family who had to endure this tragedy.

I'm so very sorry for you and your friend's loss. And I'm so sorry to hear someone is using this tragedy for attention and to push their own agenda.

I've never had a close one murdered, but your post nonetheless struck a painful chord with me. I understand the pain of media using a tragedy for the sake of entertainment.

My father lived in a home that was falling apart. The city condemned the property and he was being forcefully evicted so they could tear it down. He died quite suddenly the day he was being relocated, probably from the stress of the situation.

When the city came to tear down the house, it made front-page news of the local paper. The online article showed multiple photos of the destruction (with a video!) and worst of all, they allowed the local news inside the home to take photos and post online. So now the whole world saw the conditions my dad chose to live in. It hurts me to say that I was glad he had already died, because the shame of that article would have devastated him.

I wish I could say it stops hurting, but it doesn't.

Comment

God bless everyone involved, for your loss. This turn is really sickening, and though I tend to be non-violent, this is one of the times I'd love to hit someone. Walk up to the guy who made the post on said forum and say, "Hi. I'm a white guy. That thing about the stabbing? This is for writing that." *POW* (I'm not technically all-caucasian, but I pass for caucasian.)

Comment

Working...
      X