Living with a bipolar individual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with a bipolar individual

that is also a conspiracy theorist is ALWAYS .. um interesting (for lack of a better word).

Ok my father is a bit parnoid, bipolar, and a conspiracy theorist. Mostly harmless, but some days I have a permanent spock eyebrow on my face.

Some of his more colorful theories include :
    The mafia run the small town I live in, and own the government in the town I live in. Why? I have no clue.

He believes all the Obama is a muslim terrorist, etc etc that the talking heads spout out (I have my own issues with Obama, but we are talking he believes the birthers, etc). However, it is even a bit beyond that. Obama is going to make slaves of all the white people. (I tell him 'then we don't have much to worry about, we are mostly native american, but that makes little difference *laughs*)

That the town I live in has put a hex on him (don't worry the last 3 places we lived had a hex on him as well, but he denies that and will till his last breath..even though he was the one who said it).

Imagine living with a person that not only talks to the tv, but if anything asks for a little suspension of belief he constantly yells "Yeah right!" Superman bouncing bullets off his chest, fight scene where the good guy kills 20 bad guys etc.

Thinks AARP is part of the mafia. No, really...he does.

All foreigners (regardless of how they got here) should 'go back home' despite the fact that a good portion of his family would be considered 'foreigners', my mom (german, italian, dutch) a little more so, and me/my brothers and sisters even more so.

That is just the crazy tip of the iceberg. Some of the things that comes out of his mouth... let me give you one of the better examples.

If he drops something it is the objects fault (or the town I live ins fault, etc) and he threatens to 'tromp it'. Yeah that will teach that inanimate object!

jeeeeeesus kinda sounds like my mother. She was a paranoid schizophrenic I'm convinced of it. She thought everyone was out to get her all the time, and heard voices in the wall, and was a big fan of foreign people "going home" and she called people things like "japs" "coloreds" etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've been known to smack inanimate objects that I was annoyed with ... The only reason I don't beat the hell out of my computer is because that would certainly not improve whatever the Problem Du Jour happens to be.

As for the rest of it, it must to tough trying to avoid arguing with him, even though you know you won't get anywhere.

A neighbour of mine, in a former apartment, was a war veteran (Vietnam, I think) and an ex-pat American. He firmly believed Sept. 11 was an inside job. I remember once running into him just as I had gotten off work (around 2 a.m.) and standing there, freezing my butt off and really needing to get to a bathroom, while he expounded on his theories about why Bush blew up the WTC ...
      Last edited by Pixilated; 06-25-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I've thrown my share of controllers playing console games, I've smacked the tv when it had horizontal lines. I can honestly say, however, I've never threatened a inanimate object before.

This gem was delivered just to day from my dad.

"The Mafia has fiddled with my truck, and now the check engine light keeps coming on."

Comment

Working...
        X