"Free" Facebook credits and stuff that's too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Free" Facebook credits and stuff that's too good to be true

I'm an avid player of "Village Life", been playing for almost 90 days now. However, the Summer Solstice goals have materials that need to be unlocked, for a total of 9 keys. I already spent two (1 key and some gems to buy keys), but now I need 7 more, and without spending real money.

Why? I'm forbidden from buying virtual stuff online, and I think that buying FB credit gift cards in brick and mortar stores would be a waste of my real money (i.e. I spent $65 of Facebook credits on Candy Crush Saga, and I'm not going to spend a real penny more).

So I google "Village Life Hack" and "Free Facebook Credits". I regretted it, because of the stupid surveys that I have to complete. I would not be complaining here if it worked, by the way.

Just completing surveys do not work, and the "Win an iPad" stuff requires me to subscribe to a text-messaging service, which I'm sure, won't work either.

If you were successful in this type of endeavour, please PM me.

Thanks.

You will not find success in any of those ventures. They're scams designed to part the cheap and the credulous from money and/or credentials with the promise of returns that you will never see.

Also, it's a general rule to never give your credentials (user ID and password) to any third party that promises something for "nothing." Not only are they going to get you signed up for a bunch of shit you don't want and find a way to make you pay for it, but there's a very real chance that they'll sell your password or get it hacked in the bargain, too.

If you can't afford it in game and you can't or don't want to spend the money to get the credits you need to do so, your best option is to just do without. It sucks, but unless the offer is through the game or site directly, it's about 99% likely to be a scam of some sort.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or find those like me who will be friends just because of a game and that's the only time we'll see each others posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
        Or find those like me who will be friends just because of a game and that's the only time we'll see each others posts.
        I already do that.

Comment

Unfortunately, just having 500 "friends" who are only there to pad your numbers in games isn't really all that helpful for a lot of the monetization attempts by such games.

I quite pointedly have deleted and uninstalled a lot of games for that abuse (Zynga gets special levels of hate). Any game that requires you to harrass your friends or spend money can be replaced with one that won't; you just have to look for it.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was taught a harsh lesson about spending money on in-game transaction recently, when they abruptly shut down the Sims Social. True, it was dropping, but a bunch of us still played and the forums alone proved others did too.

When they closed the game they did nothing to renumerate the hundreds that people had sunk into the game, in time, money or both; there wasn't even a offer to transfer currency like there was last time EA shat on an online game, just an invitation to play some POS Bejewelled knockoff. I didn't lose much but I know folk who lost a hell of a lot. It seems annoyingly minor and 'sucks be to you', but I see little difference to the uproar that goes on whenever a struggling shop stops accepting reward points etc; you paid into the service for a reward and they take it away.

I just hope the legislation to regulate and protect these kind of transactions comes soon; I swear I remember some bod in Parliament going on about it ages ago.

Comment

Working...
            X