Contracting Company Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracting Company Tactics

Back in November, my old company that I worked for when I went to Afghanistan, signed me to a contract in Virginia. Went through a bunch of the processes, getting new security clearance and such. Then the company who had lost the contract protested the loss of the contract and to this day (So I'm being told), they are still waiting to hear from the government about the protest.

Fast forward to June 29th. I get contacted by another company who found me online. They want me to continue working on my specialty. It's too good to be true. They needed to start by July 15th. I get everything going. It's in NJ so I don't have to move far. I found an apartment, signed for it, but haven't paid rent or anything yet as I was going to be able to move in until the 14th. I had given notice and this Friday was going to be my last day at my BS job. I just got an email this morning saying that another company has protested our win of the contract.

From what I've been told, protesting a contract win like this is basically "Putting off losing the contract so they can just keep getting paid".

I don't know what to do anymore.

Edit: Within five minutes of me telling my mom and telling her not to tell anyone yet, she was on the phone, talking to my grandmother and I heard my mom telling her what happened. Thanks, Mom...

Edit #2: I called the company I was going to rent an apartment from. She said she was about to call me. They had someone cancel an apartment that I could have moved into today if I wanted to. Sweet fucking irony, life sure is kicking me in the balls over and over.
    Last edited by Greenday; 07-03-2013, 04:22 PM.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers
Working...
X