Suspiciously Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspiciously Close

As you may know, I work at the D&D camp. I take this job very, very seriously, even though it's a four-week day camp.

Apparently some people at the office thought that the fact that I was spending a lot of time with my assistant DM was a problem, and wanted to make sure we weren't being... Inappropriate for our respective ages (She's 16, I'm 23)

When my direct supervisor passed this along, I told him she's a lesbian. And I'm gay. Which did pretty much clear that up, and he found the whole situation hilarious. However... I'm kinda pissed off at the implication.

I mean, I spend a lot of time with her while I'm at the camp. Maybe the office people don't know how D&D works but... We're both dungeon masters, and we're both running the campaign. Spending time together is literally what my job IS. I should hope I'm able to get along with her.

We've worked together at the camp for three years as DMs. So we have good chemistry, we talk on Skype after the camp too. Mostly about what we'll do with the campaign, to make sure the kids best enjoy it. Mostly... I'm just kind of frustrated.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

What? You mean everything with a penis doesn't want to put it inside anything under the age of 18 at all times?

That's just crazy talk.

Comment

Do they think that to DM all one does is buy a premade module and walk in to the session, open it up and start?

Comment

So these people see two people of the opposite sex hanging out and the first thing they think of is sex? Perverts.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          So these people see two people of the opposite sex hanging out and the first thing they think of is sex? Perverts.
          It seems to be a mindset. Sort of like how people opposed to homosexuality think of gay sex more than actual gay people.

Comment

...and often even insist that only the former exists. "There are no such humans," as one vile woman with an audience has put it. (And then, nonetheless, has continued habitually complaining about the purported evils of these nonexistent people.)
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
            X