People Who Tell Me I Should Change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Who Tell Me I Should Change...

... because other people who have held the same position I do on one particular issue have done asshole things, despite my quite pointedly having done the precise opposite myself.

Believe it or not, this isn't directed at anyone on this forum. (if you think you're the target, then a) maybe you should examine why you feel that way and b) get over yourself because you're not actually that important in my life).

Seriously, where does anyone get the right to tell me (or anyone else, for that matter) what I should and should not think based on what some other fucking asshole has done at some other time?!?

Anyone who does this bullshit is an oppressive bigot.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

What I'm taking from this is A and B both like Pepsi, but B also commits a crime, ergo A liking Pepsi is also a criminal.

There will always be wide brushes coated with Tar, someone unsavoury will share a similar opinion on a subject as you at one point in your life, or liking an actor for the films they're in automatically means you don't mind his or her off screen outbursts.

Comment

But Hitler ate sugar!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
        What I'm taking from this is A and B both like Pepsi, but B also commits a crime, ergo A liking Pepsi is also a criminal.
        It's a bit closer to I like Twinkies and some other dude likes Twinkies, too. Then that other dude did something criminal and blamed the Twinkies. So because they used Twinkies as an excuse, someone else wants to stamp out the liking of Twinkies because it led to the crime.

Basically, it's the same shit that the Twinkie defense guy is doing (scapegoating) from the other side of the spectrum. And it's just as bullshit no matter which side tries to do it.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I wanted to avoid Goodwin-ing it myself, seemed way too obvious.

edit: as post was not up when I replied
          Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          It's a bit closer to I like Twinkies and some other dude likes Twinkies, too. Then that other dude did something criminal and blamed the Twinkies. So because they used Twinkies as an excuse, someone else wants to stamp out the liking of Twinkies because it led to the crime.
          Perhaps due to the Hostess cake collapse it was more rage filled must get all the Twinkies no matter the cost?

But I assume Twinkies is just a term as was my Pepsi and not an actual Twinkie related crime spree.
          Either way, the world is full of stupid people.
          Last edited by Ginger Tea; 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

To put it in a slightly more touchy context - we have evidence that both Muslims and Catholics (via the IRA) have been engaged in terroristic bombings. If someone were to suggest that ALL Catholics and Muslims are terrorists as a result (and note that the latter IS occurring) would be what Andara's talking about.

On a slightly less touchy context - How many Christians want Fred Phelps and the Westboro clan used as a barometer of the evil shit that Christians do? Shouldn't the blame for their behavior be pinned squarely on the Westboro clan (and those who publicly support them), and not on all Christians?

Comment

I don't consider WBC to be either Christian or a church. It's a cult. They're just a bunch of delusional hatemongers, plain and simple.

Back on topic, I think I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you. You have your reasons for your beliefs. I might ask out of curiosity why you hold your views, but would respectfully leave it at that whether I agree or not. I might even share my opinions, but that's as far as I would go.

Comment

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
                I don't consider WBC to be either Christian or a church. It's a cult. They're just a bunch of delusional hatemongers, plain and simple.
                I don't even consider them human.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  I don't even consider them human.
                  Now, now. Libby, Megan, Grace, and others have all departed and chose to become more productive members of society, proving that their members are, indeed, human.

Misguided, prideful, judging, and not very good at following Christ's example, but still, human.

Comment

Working...
                  X