Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning a beach vacation and then it raining!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowds at Moody Gardens and the part of the beach in front of the hotel weren't that bad. BF and I were a little underwhelmed with Moody Gardens, but the kids liked it and that's what's important. It was fun and neat, just growing up regularly going to San Diego Sea World (mid-80's-06), San Diego Zoo (same era), and Disneyland (same) sort of ruins you for other attractions. Esspecially when attractions are talked up in a major way by people you know.

Though we discovered we didn't need to get the two day pass for Moody Gardens. One would have been plenty.
    Over all it was a pretty fun vacation.
    Day 3 (today) was perfect. Clear blue skies and the Gulf water wasn't as scuzzy. We played in the surf and watched birds catch fish.

Next time we're going to go with more money and check out that pleasure pier. It looks like a fun amusement park.

One think I didn't care for: Every pier we came across you had to pay to walk on. We thought that was dumb so we didn't do it.

Comment

Rain itself isn't so much a problem as the lightning that goes with it. You dom't want to be on the water when there's any of that even remotely nearby.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
      X