No announcement yet.

You can't shop for anything these days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year, shortly after I had first moved into my apartment, I started going on "Necessities Runs" with my dad or brother when they visited. Stuff I needed for the apartment that I had run out of or didn't think to buy. The closest wal-mart is pretty far, so it's easier to wait until one of them visits me with the car and pick up stuff then.

Last July I didn't even think how my cart looked until I went to get it Wrung Up;
    • Kitty Litter (For my cat)
    • Black Garbage Bags (For my Garbage Can)
    • Bleach (For Laundry and Household Cleaning)
    • Rubber Gloves (To wash the Dishes with)
    • Kitchen Knife Set (I had lost some knives before the move)

The cashier just kept looking between my brother and the items warily, though she didn't say anything. At first I thought she was just scared of his appearance, until I looked at all the items together. I eventually smiled and said; "Spring Cleaning." She didn't seem to appeased, but she didn't call security either.

Comment

I will admit to growing suspicious of a regular customer buying a roll of black carpet, duct tape, and sewer tubing, but I didn't call security on him or anything. And the only reason it bothered me was because he was notoriously creepy in the first place, to where the cashiers would quietly argue over who was going to wait on him, or we'd stand close to make sure nothing happens. He was always going on about how everyone is going to hell except for him and his dog.

I deal with the Sudafed mess now in pharmacy and it's a pain in the ass. I'm all for shutting down meth labs, but it does nothing but create aggravation for the cashiers and legitimate customers. Now if you're covered with scabs, shaking like a leaf, and walk up to my counter with camp cookers in your hands, yeah, I'm gonna tell you I have no Sudafed in stock. I've yet to meet a pharmacist who has an issue with me doing this.
      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by Cats View Post
        New ones on the federal watch list? Acetone and Iodine. Meaning you will now need your IDs scanned to buy freaking nail polish remover. I'm serious. My store has already run into several issues with it, partly because it's utterly ridiculous, and partly because no one freaking knows about it. Not sure if it's because of the law or just my company's policy, but you aren't allowed to by both together either; the system locks it out.
        It creates a heat reaction that can be spectacular in the right conditions.

They are also used in some meth recipes, as are a lot of common household chemicals.

It's going to get to the point where you can't buy anything without ending up on some list, because there are so many good ways to create drug or explosions with ordinary materials.

Originally posted by LadyBarbossa View Post
        I deal with the Sudafed mess now in pharmacy and it's a pain in the ass. I'm all for shutting down meth labs, but it does nothing but create aggravation for the cashiers and legitimate customers. Now if you're covered with scabs, shaking like a leaf, and walk up to my counter with camp cookers in your hands, yeah, I'm gonna tell you I have no Sudafed in stock. I've yet to meet a pharmacist who has an issue with me doing this.
        The restrictions on access to pseudoephedrine have significantly decreased meth production. It especially shut down the home labs; the little cook productions couldn't get the raw materials. So instead, addicts are moving over to heroin, which is cheap and abundant right now.
        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
        X