This new cell phone app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This new cell phone app

There's this new thing where people record themselves or make videos and then replay them with their cell phone. I notice friends, family, and even random people out and about abusing this feature. And for some unexplained reason, it makes me want to take their cell phone and shove it somewhere.

And I normally don't get annoyed by cell phones (with he exception of ringtones), but there's something about those replay recordings that gets under my skin.

I'm afraid that I don't really understand the complaint. Just... people recording and playing back themselves? Why is this an issue?

Comment

and the whole 'new' part, weve been able to make videos and watch them back for years.

Now I can see that recording something and watching it all right after it happened might seem odd, I might check the video for clarity (not that ive used mine for anything other than snaps as I filled it's 32gb with mp3's leaving little for anything user generated.

But watching a video clip from a day ago or one that you have been given.

That's one of the selling points in adverts these days, either cloud access or blue tooth / other connectivity with phones around you, or at least your social group.
      10 people watching the same clip on 10 phones vs all trying to cram around one tiny screen or handing it around like we used to with photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
        I'm afraid that I don't really understand the complaint. Just... people recording and playing back themselves? Why is this an issue?
        I don't know, it just annoys me for some reason. Especially when they replay themselves again and again.

Comment

Novelty plus vanity?

Comment

Oooooh-kay?

Why you care enough about what someone else is doing (that doesn't actually affect you in any way) to get agitated over it is just baffling to me. Different strokes. Ignore it.

Comment

Maybe it's because they're doing it in front of Rageaholic, and Rageaholic finds this to be rude and annoying? Or perhaps they're shoving it into Rageaholic's face?

Comment

Originally posted by cindybubbles View Post
                Maybe it's because they're doing it in front of Rageaholic, and Rageaholic finds this to be rude and annoying? Or perhaps they're shoving it into Rageaholic's face?
                Pretty much that. It's the same reason we go nuts over cell phones. They open the door to obnoxious behavior. In my case, it's the random noises and voices that get under my skin. When you're hearing it again and again (especially in public places), it gets very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  I don't know, it just annoys me for some reason. Especially when they replay themselves again and again.
                  This is one of the posts I see here that has me scratching my head and wondering who y'all hang around with.

I have never seen this behaviour before.

Comment

Are you talking about Vine? The six second video thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lachrymose View Post
                      Are you talking about Vine? The six second video thing?
                      YES!

That's what it is. Vine: Making cell phones more obnoxious since 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X