If you don't like me yelling and swearing at you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't like me yelling and swearing at you

then listen to what I say when I don't swear. I've noticed that some people just don't seem to listen until you yell or swear. I'm serious. I'll tell someone to leave something alone and they just won't but if I tell them to leave it the **** alone they will. I tell people repeatedly I don't want to discuss something and they keep bugging my about but when I tell them to shut the **** up about something they stop.

I have anger issues I know I do and I do everything I can to keep it in check but again and again I feel like the only way to get people to stop ignoring me is to just embrace the anger. I feel like I'm being trained to yell and swear at people because it's the only thing they respond too.

Other than my mom, I don't experience a lot of yelling, but I have a huge problem with people who have to make everything confrontational or an argument or fight, because they just haaave to get their point across. I'm a very easy going type of person. You can say what you gotta say without being a prick, ya know?

My mom skips steps and just starts yelling for no reason, but I've dealt with that my whole life. Now I'm dealing with a little bit of clashing with my new bf....and a lot of it has to do with different upbringings (literally small town versus big city). Honestly, I dread having to tell him something he may even slightly not want to hear, because he'll instantly get an attitude, and it's like....settle down ya fuck.

Comment

When they get it in their heads they want to know something that I do not want to talk about both my wife and my mom will pick and at me and pick at me until I'm fed up and just flat out say shutup I'm not talking about that. My Mom will then say "Well Son you don't have to be so rude!" to which I'll reply "How many times do I have to say NO before you'll drop it?". Now my wife gets her feelings hurt and pouts.
      If I have to resort to profanity then I'm very angry.
      All three of my daughters have tried picking at me, unfortunately for them the don't have the same protection of getting their hindends lit up as their Mom or GrandMommy.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

When they keep picking, turn it around. Ask them why they are being rude and not respecting your wishes before it gets to the point where you're so pissed off you end up shouting. Take charge of your own situation and guide it by acting, not just reacting.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

After being around my Mom for 60+ years I'm going to get a ration regardless of how I handle it. With my wife it seems like at times she's not happy unless she's unhappy and pouting. I know it sounds stupid but she's hard to describe. It's like she thinks that Mrs. prefix gives her special license to go beyond where all others are allowed. I don't do this to her but for some reason she doesn't see the irony in reciprocating.
          I determined years ago all the women in my life are bat-shit crazy.
          Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Working...
          X