Stupid Facebook!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Facebook!!!

I don't do facebook anymore (haven't done it in years). But I'm still getting emails from them telling me "such and such updated their status!" or "Such and such is waiting for your response!!!". You know what? I don't care. It's all automated spam, and even if they were really waiting for my participation, I do not like the nagging. All that does is make facebook even more of a chore than it already is for me. It's especially frusturating since I'm expecting emails that are actually important, only to be disappointed that it's just facebook trying to keep me in their system.

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    I don't do facebook anymore (haven't done it in years). But I'm still getting emails from them telling me "such and such updated their status!" or "Such and such is waiting for your response!!!". You know what? I don't care. It's all automated spam, and even if they were really waiting for my participation, I do not like the nagging.
    then adjust your notification settings to not send the email.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

yeah those are easy to turn off....
      you can also deactivate your account if you dont use it, that should stop them.

also, a lot of spambots now say they are from facebook but aren't. i get them constantly at my non-facebook-related email.
      All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
        yeah those are easy to turn off....
        you can also deactivate your account if you dont use it, that should stop them.

also, a lot of spambots now say they are from facebook but aren't. i get them constantly at my non-facebook-related email.
        Yeah, I had a few of those. I got what appeared to be an email from a friend (using their name), but it contained a link which I assumed was a virus. Not cool, not cool at all.

Comment

I use Facebook infrequently; I logged in this morning for something and was being nagged to update my profile...why does FB need to know where I work? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen (even though I'm intentionally vague if I post anything about work). Still trying to figure out what they'll accept as an entry.
          "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
            I use Facebook infrequently; I logged in this morning for something and was being nagged to update my profile...why does FB need to know where I work? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen (even though I'm intentionally vague if I post anything about work). Still trying to figure out what they'll accept as an entry.
            you can skip it. i don't have mine listed since our company bans speaking ill of them on social media.
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I put a fake job and place of work since my old job declared that anyone who has them on their page must be subject to their policies. And I'm not taking any sort of chance with my new job.

Apparently I now work on Venus. :P

Comment

I'm very fortunate in that I work for a small company selling wholesale, and my bosses just don't give a rat's ass

Actually, the Bosslady encourages me to post on CS sometimes about stuff that happens at work.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The funny thing about this? Even though I'm still getting these stupid messages, facebook locked my account so even if I wanted to get on, I couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
                    Apparently I now work on Venus. :P
                    I work at the "Department of Redundancy Department."
                    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
                    X