Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when is cleavage offensive? Oh, and copyrights....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedersen View Post
    Ah, but Boozy, how are we to know the type of video unless he posts links to his entire catalog? Nay, I must personally demand links to every boob video that has has posted. Furthermore, I must demand links to every boob video that he has ever used as inspiration.
    Lazy bum.

Comment

Hmm firstly, Ashley Force looks very much like Jewel Staite - Kaylee from Firefly (oh, yeah, and Starge: Atlantis - but I haven't seen those seasons yet...).

Back to topic, were you actually told it was copyright or cleavage? While most of those photos are pretty stock standard publicity shots, a few of Ms Pindar's are not, and would only be found in some of the raunchier mags (or websites). I am suspecting that's where some of the problem may lie. (but then, for all you know, people at YouTube just may have a problem with brunettes - say, because of some ex- of theirs ...
      ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
        Hmm firstly, Ashley Force looks very much like Jewel Staite - Kaylee from Firefly (oh, yeah, and Starge: Atlantis - but I haven't seen those seasons yet...).

Back to topic, were you actually told it was copyright or cleavage? While most of those photos are pretty stock standard publicity shots, a few of Ms Pindar's are not, and would only be found in some of the raunchier mags (or websites). I am suspecting that's where some of the problem may lie. (but then, for all you know, people at YouTube just may have a problem with brunettes - say, because of some ex- of theirs ...
        Well as far as Ashley, any girl that can drive at 320mph is cool in my book!

And yes, the uproar was because of "inappropriate content" when there was no nudity or sexual content. Anyway, said videos are on dailymotion right now so if you wanna have a look, log in, do a user search for HEMI6point1, set the family filter to off and watch "Montage to Emily B part 2."

EDIT: Dailmymotion with the family filter turned off shows many videos that are NSFW, so be aware of that.
        Last edited by HEMI6point1; 12-17-2008, 03:27 AM.
        AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Comment

Well as far as Ashley, any girl that can drive at 320mph is cool in my book!
          What speed did Serenity fly at??
          ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
            What speed did Serenity fly at??
            Did Kaylee ever take the wheel?

Comment

well, she didn't in the series or movie, but I'd say there were inferences that she could pilot.. she knew how things handled...(Ooooh! Naughty! )

Damn, I wish that series had continued..

Comment

An update to this.

Lately, I was wandering why a bunch of videos were pulled for "copyright" when they weren't touched before.

I found out talks between Youtube and Warner Music Group (which owns many labels) to renew the license for posting WMG's content on youtube fell through. Because WMG were greedy bastards that wanted more money to the point of it being extortion.

This is what they wanted:

1. They wanted youtube to pay huge royalties to them every time a video containing WMG content was viewed. Seems OK until you realize the artists are not going to see any of that... it's going to go into the record exec's pockets.

2. They wanted to place ads in videos that contained WMG music. Not ads on the page that anyone with adblock plus can disable, but embedded ads in videos!

3. They wanted Youtube to charge users a monthly/yearly subscription fee if they wanted to upload videos with WMG content. Not only would Youtube not see any of that money, but it would not go to the artists.

Youtube said "no way," WMG said "Fuck you, we'll take down all the official music videos and take down any user-generated video that features our music!"

In just days, lots of clips gone. Thanks a lot WMG, you greedy pricks.

Here's a video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv62eIBky6U

As far as my babe videos, all new ones starting with volume 19 I've gone a lot more "conservative" in what I include. Don't want to give people any ammo to flag them.

Comment

Yeah, I read about that in an Amanda Palmer blog - she's PISSED because her record label (Roadrunner, a subsidiary of WMG) wouldn't promote her solo album. So, they used the "Who Killed Amanda Palmer" video series to advertise, and now ALL of those videos and ALL of the Dresden Dolls videos are GONE. Completely gone.

It's heartbreaking.

Comment

From what I heard, the original deal was that for each view on a video that featured WMG content (whether official or user-generated), WMG would get a penny from the views and also a penny when a user clicks on the ads on the top of the description page.

That may seem paltry until you read that Youtube has anywhere between 80 to 100 million visitors each month. That adds up.

However, the rumor is that WMG wanted to get a dollar or more for each view or ad click. Youtube knew that would pretty much bankrupt them or force them into charging users a subscription fee. That's when they said no and that's when WMG walked out.

From what I have read also, many of their artists are pissed because they were counting on youtube for free promotion and also so people can preview their work before buying it and it's now gone.

Sad fact: WMG holds the rights to happy birthday, so if you put up a home movie showing people singing happy birthday it will get pulled!

Comment

Working...
                    X