"The status does not exist. The status has never existed."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The status does not exist. The status has never existed."

So this is in relation to a friend of mine. Said friend and I are on Facebook.

Lately however, she has had this annoying tendency to post a status, then five minutes later turn around and delete that status. The kicker? None of the statuses in question are ones that would incriminate her work wise.

A few of them are motivational quotes. A few of them are ones that are relating to something legs, whether it's her personal or romantic life. Of course, the ones mentioning a date or a double date are among the ones deleted. We see them, we know they've existed. They haven't even had someone write on them!

The thing which prompts this post? Last night she made mention to a friend of hers doing some things which blur the line between friendship and romance. Earlier she had posted a photo featuring a rifle and ice cream...a specific brand of ice cream. The friend went unnamed, the photos however...while they also went unnamed, I knew who owned the gun. My SO knew who owned the gun. There is only one person between the four of us who owns that specific brand of rifle (personal interest of his), all of her other gun-nut friends either have smaller guns, use a crossbow instead or borrow guns out at the shooting range.*

She has made so many references to her unnamed "date" in those deleted posts and her unnamed "friend' in ones that we do see. Normally though, she will gush over a date, or even when she's hanging around cute men. She also does tag friends in posts when she's going out and doing stuff. Has she done it in any of the posts she's deleted or made references to her "friend"? No.

So yes, I am going to put two and two together and come up with four. If that two and two happens to come to 5 instead, then stop making so many references to it being four in the first place!

On top of that, she is now annoyed at me because I have mentioned those deleted statuses on a couple of occasions. I also asked last night if the 'friend' was who I thought it was. All she could have done was said who it was, she didn't even have to give a name. A simple yes or no could've sufficed.

I'll admit to having to delete statuses if people just can't be....normal and start being disrespectful or saying stupid things that could get me in trouble, and I'll admit to being dumb and thinking again then deleting, but no one compares to this one lady I work with. Facebook is her "think out loud", basically.

I mean literally, this woman.......and while it's certainly entertaining, it never fails, just about everything just gets deleted....but then a bit later, there's usually a follow up status like "Wow, did I open a can of worms!" or "Gee some people need to get a life!"

Comment

Well, a mild follow-up:

I checked in with my SO about the pictures that she had posted up. He also followed it up, albeit less "pigheaded" than I was. He checked with the person who I thought it was and my assumptions were correct. It WAS a mutual buddy of ours and one we know very well. The pic is still there, as is the status.

I have yet to confront her over this info. She's more or less over it and we are doing sushi next week.

Comment

Working...
      X