No announcement yet.

Are You Dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see it too often here with the illness/I'm sore/I'm tired thing BUT one guy calls off sick all the time. Today he was late cause he couldn't wake up on time. REALLY? I come here with backaches, neckaches, migraines, cramps, foot pain, you name it. I come here every single day that I'm supposed to. And I'm here on time. It's NOT hard people.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This is interesting because ... I swear I have fewer health issues than my coworkers (well ... that I know of, anyway. So far. ) and they are all young enough to be my kids, if not my grandkids. Stress-related problems, allergies, digestion issues, back and neck problems, you name it. They don't go around complaining all the time, nor do they book off at the drop of a hat, but they do occasionally get onto the topic of health, and some do now and again call in sick. I've no reason to believe any of them are malingering. It does tend to make me wonder WTF has gotten into our food over the past couple of decades, though ...

Comment

Apart from the odd cold, I don't really get ill now the main issue (see above) has been resolved. Weirdly enough, I get ill much less than the healthniks and veggies who are always telling me I need to stop smoking/drink less alcohol/eat less meat. Think it's good genes, cuz my dad's just the same.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Genes do play a large part, I think. I'm hoping I inherited a lot of grandpa's genes; his diet would've made a nutritionist weep, and he lived to 98.

Comment

My grandad started smoking at age twelve, and still smokes a pipe. He's nearly ninety. His diet's good, tho cuz my granny grows loads of veg and fruit in the garden.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of it is down to genetics. For example, I have normal blood pressure and always have done, even back when I used to have a terrible diet and drank loads of alcohol. But Fiance's blood pressure is high and he doesn't smoke like I do or drink very often.
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
            X