Why bother calling us then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bother calling us then?

Ok my nephew is annoying me. Three times he has called for a ride. When I arrive to give him a ride, he is not there. He's already called somebody else to come get him and rode with them. Now it is not like I took hours to arrive..at most about 20-25 minutes. So why call me, making me waste gas to come if you are going to be gone?

Reminds me of my brothers in laws. They love to ask for favors, but then arent home or available when he actually has the time.
    The last time he enlisted my aid as they were being evicted and needed help moving. So I drive all the way out to my brothers house, 30 minutes in the best of weather and then about 5 minutes before we leave from there he gets a call from his mother in law stating that they arent home.

I didnt know it at the time, but both parties were into drugs. Which is probably why they were not working and getting evicted. Bonus: They had begged and pleaded my brother to be there that day since it was the last day they could legally be on the property. Never bothered asking what happened as I figured it would be a waste of breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
      Three times he has called for a ride. When I arrive to give him a ride, he is not there.
      He's vanished on you THREE TIMES now and you still gave him the benefit of the doubt? You are a loving relative and your nephew is taking advantage. After 3 failed attempts, he's made it pretty easy for you to say no next time.

Comment

Seriously, three times? What, are you looking for a hobby or something?

Comment

I don't have that kind of patience . . . you're not there ONCE and don't ask me again.

I simply don't have the time or energy to waste on folks who don't need it.
          If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

He's the boy who cried wolf.

Next time he asks for a ride, just say No. No quibbling, no bargaining, nothing but No.

And when he asks why, say simply because you know he won't be there, so neither will you.
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by DGoddess View Post
              I don't have that kind of patience . . . you're not there ONCE and don't ask me again.

I simply don't have the time or energy to waste on folks who don't need it.
              Absolutely this! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. And you _won't_ get a third chance!

Comment

Yeah he not only burned that bridge, he nuked it from orbit just to make sure. I am a forgiving and generous person at heart.. but even I have my breaking point.

Comment

You gave him more chances than he deserved. Once, maybe it was an accident; twice ... yep, that's no accident, he's just being an inconsiderate boor. Next call: "Nope, sorry, take a bus." *click*

Comment

Working...
                  X