Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Insurance Providers...

THEY SUCK.

Last month, I found out that I wasn't covered by my insurance, even though it was already paid for. Apparently, it takes these idiots almost a month to fill out the paperwork that tells me I'm insured. After that fiasco, I thought I was through with insurance problems, but now they want authorization for everything. Even worse, they are telling me that they will only cover a small range of doctors (none of them who I am currently with). They tell me I have to call these numbers, but no seems to know what the hell they're doing.

Why can't things be simple?

Because the more complicated the insurance companies make things, the less often they actually have to pay claims. (And even if you get everything cleared up on your end, they turn around and pull the same thing with doctors and such trying to collect.)
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Don't get me started with health insurance companies. I spent the better part of today arguing with mine over getting my epipen prescription filled. Seems that since the last few times I've needed it, I've also needed additional interventions, the epi is ineffective and no longer medically necessary. Still arguing on that one.

Comment

Stepmom was trying to sign up for coverage the other day. Not through the infamous new site, but through one for whatever the school system uses. It put up a big red warning over the page that the window was an unsupported size and had to be made wider. The window in question was running fullscreen on a 1600x900 display.

Fortunately, connecting the TV as a second monitor made it wide enough to work, but it was an absurd requirement.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by mathnerd View Post
          Don't get me started with health insurance companies. I spent the better part of today arguing with mine over getting my epipen prescription filled. Seems that since the last few times I've needed it, I've also needed additional interventions, the epi is ineffective and no longer medically necessary. Still arguing on that one.
          WTF? My understanding of the Epipen (don't personally know anyone who needs one) is that it's NOT intended to be the SOLE treatment for an allergic reaction - it's intended to keep you alive until you can reach professional treatment. How can it NOT be medically necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
            WTF? My understanding of the Epipen (don't personally know anyone who needs one) is that it's NOT intended to be the SOLE treatment for an allergic reaction - it's intended to keep you alive until you can reach professional treatment. How can it NOT be medically necessary?
            That's pretty much why what they are saying is so ludicrous. Now, I don't always seek medical attention after I use the pen. If I've only had a skin contact exposure, the reaction isn't quite so bad, though still anaphylaxis. One shot is enough and I know what to watch for, so I self monitor. Ingestion is a whole different ball game. I tell somebody to call rescue while I'm still digging the eon out if my purse. I've been intubated a couple times so I won't take chances.

Comment

Those mother fuckers.

I was told the problem was fixed by multiple reps, but now I'm getting the same crap from my pharmacy. I'm not covered, I'm only covered for X doctors and persricptions. I'm told one thing by one person and another by someone else and no one knows what the fuck they are doing.

And of course, their customer service is horrendous, absolutely horrendous. If these reviews from former employees are anything to go by, the reason their customer service is so bad is because arrogant managers don't like to be questioned. Yeah, several people are getting screwed over on their insurance because some self important manager doesn't want their authority to be questioned.

I'm not happy.

Comment

If you can, get everything in writing from your insurance providers. I deal with this same sort of shite on a regular basis for employees of my client. The client is self-insured but we still have to deal with the medical and Rx admins on a daily basis to make them do their jobs. A lot of the time the fuck up is due to stupid phone agents for these admins not know their arse from a hole in the ground. Or they forget that they are not talking about street plans and give the wrong information, despite the fact that they are dealing with my client's plan. I've had some pretty interesting arguments with these stupid agents...

Comment

Working...
                X