Just discovered a new pet peeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just discovered a new pet peeve

So this is not earth-shaking or anything but I've found a new pet peeve based on coverage of a news story that happened over the weekend here in Oregon.

A woman was killed at a wild cat sanctuary by one of the cats. Specifically, a cougar. Now in all of the coverage we have seen pictures of: Servals, tigers, and leopards. Only one story I found had actual pictures of cougars in the article.

Now I don't think that wild animals should be kept as pets but at the same time, I think that lions and tigers and the like get enough "bad press" without being highlighted in a story involving one of their "cousins."

Chris Rock had a skit about Tigers

"The tiger went crazy."
    "No the tiger didn't go crazy, the tiger went tiger."

They are not domestic animals nor should they be approached with zero caution in captivity, even if they were once someone's pet before they got too big to handle.

Comment

I agree big cats should not be pets.

On the topic of the OP, I *hate* that. At least be accurate with your story and pictures if you're going to do anything even remotely close to an actual news story! I used to see that in the local papers here for the longest time...Man attacked by pit bulls! and then they slap up a stock picture of a boxer or a dogo. The one that REALLY got me mad was one where they had a picture of the ACTUAL dog involved in the attack. The story went on and on about how a pit bull got out of his yard and attacked some twelve year old kid. Pit bull this and pit bull that.

The photo of the actual dog in the attack was a german shepard.

Not even a mix. A PURE BRED german shepard.

**facepalm**

Comment

And remember, every rifle ever used in a crime is an assault rifle.

You know, until they have to report it was a handgun or a shotgun, anyway...
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X