slovenian education reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slovenian education reform

GRAAARGH! What stupid bloody asshole thinks making the educations ystem answer to the market is a good way to promote equality?! To promote knowledge?!

I really would've put this under politics, but it only affects me and my country, and even then, I've only read the shortened version, as the legalese is tiring for me.

Basically, we're getting a directive from the EU, that we need to make the education system more marketable. To reform the current system (which, frankly, DOES leave something to be desired) into a markatable system. The university of Ljubljana could get up to 40% of it's students as paying students, with no mention of any kind of regulation of how those 40% should be. Also, the head honcho of the uni seems to have no connection to the individual faculty, meaning he can order that all medical and legal faculty's could be to pay, and all the arts can go screw themselves, cos they bring in no money.
    Yes, I get it that we have one of the most corrupt goverments in the EU. That even the EU isn't immune to lobbying groups. But if the USA and recently, the UK are of any indication, then making the educational system answer to the market is a BAD idea. It promotes class warfare and benefits the rich only. Something the same assholes now in charge FAUGHT AGAINST. And they even got the head of the student representative to vouch for this law, when it is clearly against the non-paying student.

The sad thing is, the reform was supposedly brought in from outside. Those that read it say that the original was in english, based on sentence structure. So, we're being commanded to completely change our educational system by someone that doesn't even partake of it, and no one in the chain is doing anything.

Please let me wake up... let this be a bad dream...

It's hard to form a meaningful opinion on this without knowing the gist of what the proposal actually is beyond its description including the word "market."
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
    X