No announcement yet.

My Sister's Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm usually a big animal person, but certain aggressive dog breeds I'm just not that fond of, and people who refuse to own up to the title of "owner", just accept that their aggressive breed of dog is aggressive without trying to train it properly....then get mad that people won't come over to their house or won't have anything to do with the dog out of fear of being mauled...

My exhole bought a big ol American bulldog from the animal shelter. Whatever she'd been through.....she loved girls and kids, but hated guys, except she was used to a male owner, but that's it. Any other male was fair game to get bit in the nuts.

Did exhole ever do anything to stop that? Nope. If they didn't like the dog, then don't come over, was his policy. Then he'd get upset that people quit coming over.

Comment

Having any aggressive animal in your house is stupidity. Letting a dog, any dog, play bite is an er visit waiting. Since dog bites can be reported to the police by the er staff I wouldn't be surprised if the cops show up later.
      "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Over here, having a pit that bites would be a sure fire step to the dog being destroyed if it bites the wrong person, due to the Dangerous Dog Act.

Personally, I think that the Act is a load of bollocks, as I've encountered some very sweet so called "bad" breeds; a mate has an extremely well behaved Staffie and a guy I see down the pub has a sweet natured bull terrier. As well as some awful "good" breeds; I've had a mini Yorkie bite my ankle, and a Welsh collie once attacked my dog and I had to kick it off her. It's not the breed but the owner and, sadly, in a lot of cases, it's the breeder. A lot of breeds that are fashionable are vicious partly cuz of training but also cuz of puppy farms which incestiously breed the dogs and take them away from their mother way too early so that they're screwed in the head from an early age.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

He's gotten a lot better since I watched him. He doesn't bite anymore.

Now my only problem is I don't think the living situation is fair for the dog. They stick him in his crate in the morning when they leave for work and they don't get home for another 8-9 hours. Then they eat dinner, watch TV for a little bit, and go to bed early. This is a high energy dog. He can't be caged up like that. He needs a lot of space to run around in.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
            This likely goes a long way towards explaining why my cats don't play as rough with people as they do with each other.
            Sounds about right to me. Contrary to what a lot of ppl seem to think, most cats are pretty friendly and don't want to hurt anyone. Vocalizing pain allows them to realize that a certain action causes you pain and discourages it gently.

These days the most we've ever gotten from our cats is the occasional tiny scratch...mostly from bad timing involving a cat using claws as "fingers" and a person moving.
            Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
            Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

One of my cats actually apologized for biting me, plain as day. She started chewing on my charging cable, and got me when I reached to take it away. I made a loud "ow!" and jerked my hand back, and she immediately started purring full volume and rubbing her face against the hand.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X